Just some news

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:12 PM

I waited a couple of days just too  see if Logos might post here and it seems not but i got a return phone call from Bob just the other day.  I asked about the long awaited hebrew pronounciation and he said directlly they have a contract with a sound recorder and they hope it will be out in 6 months. 

Personally I am estatic with this news and even if it gets pushed back.......just a note to say such would be great.  afterall this product is in its 5th year of prepub. 

Posts 12143
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:16 PM

Thanks!

Bob answered yesterday to a thread with approximately the same timeframe: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/61273.aspx 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:27 PM

That is very cool. I've been waiting for this for a very long time. I hope they do it right without any major glitches in the rollout. Which means I'd rather they take their time and do it right than try to rush it, even though it's been a long wait.

Posts 1718
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:37 PM

William Bingham:
hebrew pronounciation ... they hope it will be out in 6 months.

Excellent! Good to know.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 3:55 AM

This iwll be very cool. I don't know that any Bible software has comprehensive reading ability of Hebrew like we do with the Greek, if it works that well. I see ones that can read words, but that's about it. Please correct me if I have missed a package that supports it!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 6:58 AM

William Bingham:

I waited a couple of days just too  see if Logos might post here and it seems not but i got a return phone call from Bob just the other day.  I asked about the long awaited hebrew pronounciation and he said directlly they have a contract with a sound recorder and they hope it will be out in 6 months. 

Personally I am estatic with this news and even if it gets pushed back.......just a note to say such would be great.  afterall this product is in its 5th year of prepub. 

Peace and Every Blessing, William!                            This is "off topic" and I apologise to the Forums and to you for "busting in" like this!        *smile*         However, I realise that I really do owe you an apology and have a desire that you don't find me overly "rude."

Way back when, a couple of years ago actually, you placed a question in the form of  a comment on the "forum activity" part of my name on a post. I discovered your question more than a year after you posed it; and put off responding to it until now.  I really never looked at that former feature of the Forums.  Not being rude  ....    it was just not part of my routine .............                                             This feature of the Logos Forums is now "vanished" because of FaithLife.

If I remember correctly, you asked about my background, mentioning that you were WELS!    

My response:     I am LCMS - English District - retired Pastor - now living about 40 km East of Toronto on the North Shore of Lake Ontario, all my Pastoral Service including "vicarage" being in Canada..  My wife and I are active members of Grace Evangelical Lutheran, Oshawa, member of Lutheran Church - Canada which is a "Sister Church" of the LCMS.

So!  Finally I closed the circle!                 You a mathematics guy might appreciate that!    One more task done!            *smile*   I feel better already.

William, seriously, I truly appreciate all of your very-positive-indeed(!) contributions and involvement in the Logos Forums.    I have great appreciation and respect for you for a number of reasons, including your determination to learn Biblical Hebrew!                    Well-done!    Your sincere faith "shines" through as you have (and will in the future!) let your light shine before others.      

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 7:14 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
I discovered your question more than a year after you posed it; (...)  I really never looked at that former feature of the Forums.  (...) it was just not part of my routine 

You must have turned off notifications, otherwise you would have gotten an e-mail.

Milford Charles Murray:
This feature of the Logos Forums is now "vanished"

Only the visible part is gone, other than that you can still send private comments. But if the other person has turned off notifications, the message will disappear into cyberspace.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 7:50 AM

fgh:
You must have turned off notifications, otherwise you would have gotten an e-mail.

Probably!            For a while, early on when forums were fairly new, I had it set up to get e-mails     ........         but got so many that I "stopped"(!) them    .....     that's the "why"       ........                don't remember the   "how"      *smile*

fgh, I must say that you have been so extremely helpful to so many on these forums.                     I think you are a free, independent, self-sufficient, highly-educated woman; and how wonderful it is that you've given so very many people insights and suggestions that get to the "heart of the matter," have been analysed to avoid verbosity, a sin I am often guilty of!              In other words ...     Well-Done, fgh, and Thank You!                                                         Peace!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:19 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
For a while, early on when forums were fairly new, I had it set up to get e-mails     ........         but got so many that I "stopped"(!) them

The e-mails when someone sends you a personal comment is a completely different setting from getting e-mails for normal posts.

Milford Charles Murray:
don't remember the   "how"

Go to Edit at the top right, then Site Options.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:28 AM

fgh:
Go to Edit at the top right, then Site Options.
Wow, fgh!                I haven't seen that page for years!           It actually was quite easy to make a couple of check marks to improve the quality of my forum usage!                             Thank you!                      *smile*

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:35 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
Peace and Every Blessing, William!   

Since we're off topic anyway, I (for some unknown reason) initially read your greating as "Brother William" and my mind went off on a tangent.  At any rate, it was humorous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWB-O0t7p0k

Enjoy!  Or you might try a "more serious" version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1B-YjgbHsM

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:53 AM

George Somsel:
Since we're off topic anyway, I (for some unknown reason) initially read your greating as "Brother William" and my mind went off on a tangent.  At any rate, it was humorous.

Peace to you, George, on this Lord's Day!                       Thanks for the Brother William stuff.  It has been a fantastic number of years since I've read "Alice"  ...  maybe I'll try to find it and put it on my iPad2 to read someday again at my leisure!                   

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:24 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

George Somsel:

Peace to you, George, on this Lord's Day!                       Thanks for the Brother William stuff.  It has been a fantastic number of years since I've read "Alice"  ...  maybe I'll try to find it and put it on my iPad2 to read someday again at my leisure!                   

It's been a while since I read it as well.  Alice was a supplementary text to a logic course I took in college.  Of course, that was 2-3 yrs ago Wink.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:44 AM

Just looked it up, George!                    Project Gutenberg has it available in about 1/2 dozen formats....  *smile*                        Just wrote a note to myself...........

Posts 2900
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:03 AM

Wonderful news!  Hebrew audio may soon be a reality. Thanks!

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS