Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
spudnik | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:09 AM

I have the latest version of Libronix v.3 on Windows Vista.  The program fails to launch after the splash screen.  I have tried everything suggested on these forums from checking my firewall to reinstalling.  Nothing works.  I haven't been able to use the program for about 2 years now, which is disappointing considering the many hundreds of dollars I have invested in it since v.1.  I can't afford to upgrade.  Please Logos, don't leave me hanging.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:22 AM

spudnik:

I haven't been able to use the program for about 2 years now...

Sounds like a reinstall is the best option.

This seems to be the best method of installing and getting it to run:

ftp://ftp.logos.com/ldls/Zip/LibronixDLS-3.0g.zip

Be sure you have your licenses backed up (impossible to do if it will not run, right). Uninstall through control panel. This will leave your resources in place.

Download and Extract the .ZIP file. Run the Setup program in the .ZIP file.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:40 AM

spudnik:

I have the latest version of Libronix v.3 on Windows Vista.  The program fails to launch after the splash screen.  I have tried everything suggested on these forums from checking my firewall to reinstalling.  Nothing works.  I haven't been able to use the program for about 2 years now, which is disappointing considering the many hundreds of dollars I have invested in it since v.1.  I can't afford to upgrade.  Please Logos, don't leave me hanging.

You can also upgrade for free to L4, and 1Q of next year you will be able to upgrade to L5 for free.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:52 PM

spudnik:
I have the latest version of Libronix v.3 on Windows Vista.

Peace, spudnik, and welcome to the Logos Forums.                  We try to help and support one another 24 hours a day from around the world; and I'm pleased to see your post.

I do have Logos 3.0g running on my Windows 7 which a few days ago I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro!           It runs smoothly although I prefer Logos 5.0.

Tom pointed out that you can have access to your Logos resources immediately if you download the free Logos 4.  If you have lots and lots of resources, you may want to run Logos 4 parallel to Logos 3.0g as I do!        I have an i7 chip and 8 G Ram so I've often run them at the same time for various reasons.

spudnik, I'm assuming you have 3.0g which is the latest version of Libronix .....      BTW, have you installed the Internet Explorer "patch" that Logos provided for people with L3?

Get back to us, please, and we'll do our best!                                *smile*                          Always Joy in the Lord!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:14 PM

spudnik:
I have the latest version of Libronix v.3 on Windows Vista.  The program fails to launch after the splash screen. 

Welcome Big Smile

Noticed an article about Logos Splash Screen disappearing at startup=> http://www.logos.com/support/article/343 

If still crashing after Splash screen steps. am curious about Libronix log files: diagnostic support article => http://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/updatelogging

Logos has Libonix 3 support articles =>  http://www.logos.com/support/logos3/windows that includes Windows Vista needing Libronix 3.0g => http://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/vista

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
spudnik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:27 PM

Thanks for your kind help everyone!  I downloaded v4 and I have my Logos back again Big Smile

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:59 AM

spudnik:

Thanks for your kind help everyone!  I downloaded v4 and I have my Logos back again Big Smile

You are welcome.  Sometime next year, you will be able to upgrade to L5.  There is a huge learning curve for L4.  So, take some time in learning the program.  In ways, L4 can do more than L3.  And in ways, L3 can do more than L4.

FTI... You can use the import all command to import some of your items from L3 into L4.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS