Serendipity Bible Notes (Group Questions)

Page 3 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 72 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2016 3:43 PM

Bruce Dunning:

David R. Bess:

I realize this thread is now an old one, but I'm another person who would love to see the Serendipity Bible in Logos format.

Yes

+1 Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Rev. Dr. Gary Winkler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2016 7:23 PM

There was an electronic version on CD for a while.  Not sure if you can still buy it or not.  I had it for a while, but when I changed computers, I had loaned my CD out to a pastor and never got it back.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2016 2:17 PM

Rev. Dr. Gary Winkler:

There was an electronic version on CD for a while.  Not sure if you can still buy it or not.  I had it for a while, but when I changed computers, I had loaned my CD out to a pastor and never got it back.

Can you provide any more information on this? Like what the CD was called? Would be nice to find this product online or something.

Posts 1
Justin orr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:16 AM

what was the final outcome? does anyone know?

Posts 1154
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 3:50 PM

Justin orr:

what was the final outcome? does anyone know?

No movement yet. It would be nice to hear from a Logos rep on this. Since Logos sells many other Zondervan titles, it doesn't seem like it would take much of a miracle to get this one too.

...Then again I know nothing of the publishing industry, and little about copyright law.

Posts 6
Neal Bowes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 11:55 AM

Just found this post, too. I'm looking for Serendipity questions in electronic form and would love to have them in Logos.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 10:47 PM

Yes

Posts 1
Matthew A Winslow | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 11:49 AM

I would also like to get this resource an results yet from getting copyright?

Posts 3
Rick Vasquez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 2:26 PM

How long did it take you to do the scanning?

Posts 3
Rick Vasquez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 2:29 PM

Did you ever get this distributed within this small group? I'd be interested to know and to acquire a MSWord copy. Thanks.

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 8:11 PM

There is a copy of the New Testament version of the Serendipity Bible available via the Internet Archive:

https://openlibrary.org/books/OL2712677M/The_Serendipity_Bible_study_book 

The quality is not great, but it is readable and available. The downloaded format is a DRM protected PDF file with what appears to be a library checkout system - but I cannot determine what the checkout period is. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3
Rev. Dr. Gary Winkler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 3 2017 3:57 PM

It was called Serendipity CD. I'm not sure about the rest of it.  I made the mistake of loaning to a pastor and didn't get ti back.

Posts 4
Matthew Starner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 9:47 AM

Me too! Did anyone ever reply to you??

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 9:34 PM

I would also be prepared to pay to have these questions as either a Logos Personal Book with milestones, or a fully published (Zondervan/Logos) resource.

Very useful, and glad I still have a hard copy in my bookshelf. But it would be fantastic to have it electronically link to my logos Bibles.

+1 Yes

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 1
Andrew R. Suhr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 10:36 AM

Add me to the list of interested parties in purchasing it on Logos should Logos ever get there. 

Posts 3
Rick Vasquez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 17 2017 2:35 PM

Hello Don,

I have not followed this thread faithfully but I am always using Serendipity questions for all my studies. Has there been any movement about getting your scanned questions past the copyright hurdle out to the rest of us? I'd be happy to buy a copy from you, when that happens. Thank you, brother.

Rick Vasquez

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 31 2017 5:24 PM

I bought a used hard copy of the NIV on ebay?  Some of the questions are silly imho but a few could generate meaningful conversation.  I wish they had a leaders guide as occasionally the ask a question but offer no answer.  (answer does not seem obvious either).

Posts 1
Wayne Ramsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 6 2017 9:41 AM

Don,

Did you ever get this question resolved?

I work with a non-profit developing Discipleship materials for Unreached Peoples. We would like to be able to use some of the discussion questions as we develop material.

Pleas let me know if there is any hope here.

Thanks,

Wayne Ramsey

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 3:07 PM

I stumbled on a similar product at Amazon.  The paper version is (for me) over priced, but the Kindle version is underpriced: 

BOOK: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0794SKC6Y

Answer Key: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9K90QY/ 

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 9:33 PM

For those looking for an electronic copy of the Serendipity Bible, the Internet Archive now has a copy of the entire Bible with questions (previously, they only had the NT).  It can be found at:  

https://archive.org/details/nivserendipitybi00newi_0 

You can borrow the book as very large and readable PDF; or as a smaller file size, but hardly usable, ePub version.  The PDF are image files, making them very readable:

The one advantage of the ePub version is that the files are text files from which small parts can be easily copied and pasted when they are located.

Be aware that a single person can use the file at a time and they are protected with DRM - so get the details you need for a series of Bible Study when you have access to the book - you do not know when it will be available again. There is a wait list and you will be notified when the book becomes available to you.

I still would prefer to have this book available in LOGOS but so far no move has been made in that direction.

Blessings,
Floyd

Page 3 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS