Proclaim Slide Transition's are slugish

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 15
Calvary Chapel Mohave | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:26 PM

Hi All:
Just recently on our iMac w/ 4GB Ram Intel, processor at church running Lion, the slide transition has become really sluggish. At home on my Mac Book when I'm preparing the slides it is fine. It hasn't crashed so I don't have log files. Is there a folder where they are kept?
Any ideas or suggestion?

Posts 5094
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 1:23 AM

Calvary Chapel Mohave:

Hi All:
Just recently on our iMac w/ 4GB Ram Intel, processor at church running Lion, the slide transition has become really sluggish. At home on my Mac Book when I'm preparing the slides it is fine. It hasn't crashed so I don't have log files. Is there a folder where they are kept?
Any ideas or suggestion?

Hi Calvary

I know it isn't very Mac like but have you tried rebooting the Mac. I had a similar episode on my white macbook some time ago. Like most other mac users I only ever let the thing sleep. Logos stuff, being multi-platform often needs a Windows reboot to rejuvenate the program and recover from the odd memory leak.

I also, at that time, reviewed the transitions that I was using and for most things found that  'no transition' gave a better change than any other option. 

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 148
Colin Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:38 AM

We used to have this problem (of sluggish transitions) using Windows based computers. We couldn't figure it out, we used fresh boots, the laptop running the presentation was more than ample to meet the requirements and up to date with the presentation. We even had only Proclaim running on the machine and nothing else (except for all of the other background processes that run on an Windows machine). It puzzled us for ages.

Finally I realized that we actually had two instances of the presentation open at the same time. When I'd go to the church on Sunday morning I'd put the last touches on the presentation (usually the names for those people we're praying for) and then sync the presentation. My son would then open the presentation on his laptop and get it going. I hadn't been shutting mine down (I wasn't using my computer during worship so it just sat on my desk in my office). Once I got into the habit of shutting down Proclaim on my laptop, our transitions got much faster.

I'm not saying this is your issue at all (because you're using a different set of systems) but more as a comment for other people who are experiencing a similar issue.

Peace & Blessings,

Colin+

Posts 15
Calvary Chapel Mohave | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:21 AM

Thanks to both of you!!

#1 The Mac is started up every service so that out.

#2 I work on it at home on my MacBook and then exit, go to church and pull it up and go.

Like last nite at church the transitions were really choppy.  I thought maybe it was the projector doing some weird processing thing, but I notice on my split screen that it was all the same.

Any other ideas?? What about a re-install? On a Mac??  Just thinking out load.

THX so Much!!

Guy

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 8:21 AM

What transition are you using? Is it consistent across all slide types? How about all transition types? 

What other applications are running?

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 15
Calvary Chapel Mohave | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:47 AM

I'm actually using only Black background white white letter. No animation

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS