Indexer crash - malformed database disk image

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:18 AM

LogosIndexerCrash.txt

LogosIndexerError.log

I had an indexer crash on the first supplemental index of the first download I received after I installed 5.0a SR2  Then when I restarted Logos, it download some additional files and then the indexing finished without error.

I find this strange--why would an error like that be transient?  Log file from successful indexing subsequent to the error: LogosIndexer.log

(Of course, once it finished that index cycle, it discovered more files to download...Smile  It's currently indexing again.)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24844
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:41 PM

I find that strange, but I notice you have about 15 GB free space which could cause such problems e.g. with a 500 GB HDD you need at least 50 GB free.  So I'd look to improving free space and then defragmenting.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 9:16 AM

Dave Hooton:

I find that strange, but I notice you have about 15 GB free space which could cause such problems e.g. with a 500 GB HDD you need at least 50 GB free.  So I'd look to improving free space and then defragmenting.

The first thing I looked for was low disk space, and I agree that I need to free up space.  However, I have had two successful indexings since the error, so the low disk space doesn't seems to be a factor.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24844
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:22 PM

Todd Phillips:
I have had two successful indexings since the error, so the low disk space doesn't seems to be a factor.

That doesn't eliminate it as a cause the previous time, though (it may not be low enough to consistently cause the problem).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS