Missing NIV resources

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 73
Terry M. Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 7 2012 4:36 PM

I had L4 Platinum and decided to upgrade to L5 Silver. I then went ahead and upgraded to L5 Platinum to get some additional resources I decided I couldn't live without. Everything has downloaded and indexed. To be sure I ran Update Now and Update Resources in the command box. For both it said no updates were found.

When I go to my library the NIV (2011) OT and NT reverse interlinears do not appear. The only NIV bibles that appear are the 1984 edition and the New International Readers Version. I checked hidden resources and they are not there.

Any ideas on why the NIV (2011) doesn't show up?

Thanks...

Posts 2403
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 4:47 PM

Did you have the NIV 2011 before you upgraded?

Posts 73
Terry M. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 4:53 PM

No I didn't. But it is listed as being part of both the Silver and Platinum packages.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:07 PM

Terry M Moore:

No I didn't. But it is listed as being part of both the Silver and Platinum packages.

have you tried the update resources command? This should find resources that don't appear in your library for which you have a license (it will also update any resources that have older versions than those on the Logos server).

You may also want to make sure that your NIV11 isn't in your hidden resources.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:10 PM

Actually no reverse interlinears appear in Library. For a reverse interlinear to work you must own the corresponding Bible. Note, too, that the NIV OT RI has not yet been released, just the NT.

If you purchase the NIV (2011) you'll find the NT Reverse Interlinear.

I know this has caused confusion before, but the RI is not a part of the text of the Bible itself, but is data added to it. That data comes in the packages you mentions, the Bible text does not.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 73
Terry M. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:37 PM

Mark, so you're saying the L5 Platinum upgrade is NIV 2011 interlinear ready, but since the NIV 2011 isn't listed as a resource under English Bibles I have to purchase it separately????? I have to spend another $9.99? If so listing the OT & NT under Interlinear Bibles on the product upgrade page is misleading. Or am I missing something?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:41 PM

Peace to all!          *smile*

Maybe I'm missing something too!          I just looked up what's in Silver (I have Portfolio) and I think it should be there...

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:47 PM

You've summarized it correctly.

I think Logos may have been forced by the publisher not to bundle the NIV in as it used to be even though the RIs are still provided. So I guess the full 'upgrade' will cost that extra $9.99 for the NIV.

I'm sure you are not the only one wondering about this, but I am pretty sure what I've explained is exactly what is going on.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 28718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:47 PM

Terry M Moore:
but since the NIV 2011 isn't listed as a resource under English Bibles I have to purchase it separately????? I have to spend another $9.99?

Yes.

Terry M Moore:
If so listing the OT & NT under Interlinear Bibles on the product upgrade page is misleading. Or am I missing something?

I can see how you would find it misleading… but you DO own those Licenses… which is a good thing. For example: Logos is no longer allowed to sell the NIV84, nor are they allowed to sell the RI's. It is possible that I could acquire the NIV84 license from someone else… but I would not be able to purchase the RI from Logos. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:47 PM

Mark Smith:
I'm sure you are not the only one wondering about this, but I am pretty sure what I've explained is exactly what is going on.

I concur.

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:48 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
       Maybe I'm missing something too!          I just looked up what's in Silver (I have Portfolio) and I think it should be there...

The RI is there. It just won't work without the NIV. Bibles and the Reverse Interlinear function are separate beings. None of the Logos Reverse Interlinears work without owning the corresponding Bible. Its been that way since the RIs came out.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:32 PM

Just a quick thought here.... I'm in Australia and have never been able to get the NIV license through Logos. In L3 and L4 there were ways around this (most probably illegal).

In Diamond L5 I have NIV, rNIV, NIV1984 but not interlinears.

Stephen Miller

Australia

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:03 PM

Stephen Miller:

Just a quick thought here.... I'm in Australia and have never been able to get the NIV license through Logos. In L3 and L4 there were ways around this (most probably illegal).

In Diamond L5 I have NIV, rNIV, NIV1984 but not interlinears.

Stephen Miller

Australia

I never had any trouble getting a NIV license in Australia from Logos.  When L3 first came out and I go the scholar's library (there was no Gold or Sliver in those days, just Scholars) NIV came on a separate CD and was listed as a separate item on the purchase.  You could also get the NIV set by buying a Lutheran Set that came with NIV, Concorida Study Bible and Concordia Commentary which I think came in Logos 2 format, but its no longer available unless you find it in one of those bargin bins along side a Logos 2.0 Catholic Library which will give you access to Jeromes Commentary.

Maybe something changed ater that Stephen not sure when you first got L3.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:05 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Peace to all!          *smile*

G'day Milford.  All  this is indicating is that you have access to the data set., but the data set is only accessible if you have a license for the bible text, a bit like having the keys without the car.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:35 AM

Terry M Moore:
I had L4 Platinum...

The NIV11 was included in L4 Platinum KF to JG upgrade. I got that upgrade on Oct.5, 2011. If you did the same, then you got the NIV11. If not, then you probably didn't.

Further note because of some confusion on this point: At the time of that upgrade the NIV11 replaced the NIV84 in the package and the NIV11 was renamed the NIV in the L4 library, and the NIV84 was then named NIV84 in the L4 Library. You can tell the difference between the two by the icon. Then NIV84 has a blue icon with with yellow letters and decoration, the NIV11 has a yellow icon with blue letters and decoration.

EDIT: You can check your version status in Help / About. The line to look for is near the top and will say "Licensed to: [your Logos user name/email] (Platinum [version?] (KF or JG))"

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:43 AM

Andrew Mckenzie:
G'day Milford.  All  this is indicating is that you have access to the data set., but the data set is only accessible if you have a license for the bible text, a bit like having the keys without the car.

Andrew!        Wow!          Thank you!                 G'day to you, of course!            *smile*                You are absolutely correct, Andrew!                       Sorry I was unable to "figure it out"!                                                                                                                                                                    Peace and Joy to you Always!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 28718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:54 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
EDIT: You can check your version status in Help / About. The line to look for is near the top and will say "Licensed to: [your Logos user name/email] (Platinum [version?] (KF or JG))"

For clarification… your L4 base package info will be replaced with your L5 info.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:59 AM

alabama24:

Richard DeRuiter:

For clarification… your L4 base package info will be replaced with your L5 info.

You're right.

Sorry, haven't had my coffee yet. Yes, you did upgrade to L5 (you're not still in L4).

You can check to see if you upgraded to JG in your order history. The L4 was upgraded from LE to KF and then from KF to JG. Searching for "JG" in your browsers search page function (usually CTRL-F) should help you find out if you upgraded. Note that both of these were free upgrades.

Posts 28718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:02 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Sorry, haven't had my coffee yet.

Big SmileCoffee

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:05 AM

alabama24:

Richard DeRuiter:
Sorry, haven't had my coffee yet.

Big SmileCoffee

Hey.

If I haven't had my coffee yet, a smile is inappropriate.

Go away.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS