Indexer continues to crash

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:50 AM

Had this problem for some weeks now.  Indexer crashes with each opening of L4.

27516.Logos4.log

8228.Logos4Indexer.log

3583.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

4848.Logos4IndexerError.log

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 25736
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 2:44 PM

Alex,

This looks to be a variant of a problem (in L5) with the Indexer trying to build the Library Catalog index. So I'd like you to tag or rate a resource (in Library) as that may fix the Indexer issue.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:41 PM

Well, that changed something.  I added a tag to the ESV Study Bible as 'Study Bible'.  The Indexer is still crashing, but now the program crashes as well (at least it does when you try to add another tag or rating).

7633.Logos4.log

4353.Logos4Crash.txt

6644.Logos4Error.log

1385.Logos4Indexer.log

5554.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

2437.Logos4IndexerError.log

The indexer keeps crashing although the L4 program seems to be working OK (except that the first time I tried it the whole program crashed right off the bat which has never happened before).  Seems to be running OK at the moment though apart from the Indexer.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:02 PM

I think I found the thread you were referring to under 'Bug 'Updating Library Catalogue'....  I don't think mine is the same problem although I do get that message because the indexing is not up to date.

I should say that the indexer crashes at the same point every time, just as preparing your library part 2 of 3 closes.  Very occasionally the L4 program itself crashes after a time but usually it doesn't crash at all.

Posts 25736
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:05 PM

Alex Scott:
The Indexer is still crashing, but now the program crashes as well (at least it does when you try to add another tag or rating).

Let's try a manual rebuild of the index at C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\zxukf2go.imj\LibraryCatalog  - delete all the files except for the 2 x catalog.db ones. 

If that fails you will have to delete catalog.db and that will take a long time to rebuild.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25736
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:36 PM

Has this fixed it, Alex?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:54 PM

Yes Dave.  Thanks so much for your help.  I just got around to it today.  In the end I deleted the entire LibraryCatalogue folder rather than go step by step.  The program then started up without the indexer crashing and I left it thinking it might take forever to index but when I went back a couple of hours later it had finished indexing apparently.  The passage guide hadn't been working properly for a while as well as some of the popups presumably because of incomplete indexing but everything seems to be working as it should at the moment.  Again, thanks so much for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS