Disappointed - Timeline

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:12 PM

Hayedid:

DMB, by non-BIblical events, I don't mean events unrelated to the Bible, I mean that the timing of the event is inconsistent with Scripture (as illustrated by the example above regarding Daniel).

Mark, are you with logos?  I don't think the information is taken from books in Logos, is it.  I think they defined events and put dates to them and linked the dates to books in Logos.  This would be altogether different.

If the tool is inconsistent with Scripture, I consider it pretty much worthless.

What you mean is that the event as presented is inconsistent with YOUR UNDERSTANDING of scripture.  You are therefore asking that Logos accept your understanding of scripture as being normative for everyone.  I most likely would disagree strongly with what you consider to be biblical so I would appreciate it if you were to refrain from calling something "non-biblical" simply because you happen to disagree.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2829
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:22 PM

Mark Smith:
Regardless, I'd hate to see you judge Logos 5 on the basis of a single tool.

I did not expect much from a timeline tool. Didn't really see the need.  However, I am very impressed with this resource.  This is a great tool!  I greatly underestimated its potential value.  The link to resources in your Logos library is really nice.

It is impossible to fix the exact date some of these events happened.  So it is natural that there are different opinions on many dates.  There is conflicting evidence, and one cannot always be certain even if you try to date literally by the Biblical text.  So I would agree with Mark that it is "helpful to know what others are thinking even if I disagree."

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2829
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:27 PM

George Somsel:
I most likely would disagree strongly with what you consider to be biblical so I would appreciate it if you were to refrain from calling something "non-biblical" simply because you happen to disagree.

Good point, George!  Something is only "non-biblical" if I happen to disagree!  And I will be happy to point out any "non-biblical" entries that I see so that you can take note.  It is the least that I can do.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:33 PM

Michael Childs:

George Somsel:
I most likely would disagree strongly with what you consider to be biblical so I would appreciate it if you were to refrain from calling something "non-biblical" simply because you happen to disagree.

Good point, George!  Something is only "non-biblical" if I happen to disagree!  And I will be happy to point out any "non-biblical" entries that I see so that you can take note.  It is the least that I can do.

Hang on just one second.  Just to let everyone know, I am the one who gets to decide what is and what is not biblical.  

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS