Highlights deleted

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Samuel Nunes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:35 AM

I'm new on Logos, and i thinking something strange.

I've was reading a book on my phone, and highligthing some quotes. It was syncronized in my PC and it was going fine. But I made a mistake of deleting a note document where it seems to be registred all my highlights. And I can't recover this file. I thought that so strange because I wonder: "If I have 5 years using this software and I have a thousand of highlights... If I just deleted, by a little mistake, this file - it's all gone?!?

This really works like this? There isn't a way to fix this, or to block this kind of file to not be deleted from my software?

Thanks and God bless you!

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:54 AM

Samuel Nunes:

I'm new on Logos, and i thinking something strange.

I've was reading a book on my phone, and highligthing some quotes. It was syncronized in my PC and it was going fine. But I made a mistake of deleting a note document where it seems to be registred all my highlights. And I can't recover this file. I thought that so strange because I wonder: "If I have 5 years using this software and I have a thousand of highlights... If I just deleted, by a little mistake, this file - it's all gone?!?

This really works like this? There isn't a way to fix this, or to block this kind of file to not be deleted from my software?

Thanks and God bless you!

I am still waiting for the free L5 engine, but it is my understanding that you could restore your note file from https://documents.logos.com/.  Again, this is just my understanding (I could be very wrong).

Posts 9127
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:05 AM

tom:
I am still waiting for the free L5 engine, but it is my understanding that you could restore your note file from https://documents.logos.com/.  Again, this is just my understanding (I could be very wrong).

Absolutely right. Log on to that page and choose to see your deleted items. Find the file you accidentally deleted and select it. You'll see the option to restore it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10
Samuel Nunes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:15 AM

Yeah, but this document doen't appear there. Its seems that just some types of file we can recover... 

Posts 9127
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:21 AM

Your highlighting file is a notes file so it should appear there. I just tried deleting a highlighting notes file and restoring it and it worked for me. On the documents page check to see if the file is there if you choose 'All' instead of 'Deleted'.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10
Samuel Nunes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:30 AM

Oh thanks, I haven't noted that. But how much time this archive stayus saved there? There isn't a way to block this specific file, so it cannot be deleted?

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:58 AM

Samuel Nunes:

Oh thanks, I haven't noted that. But how much time this archive stayus saved there? There isn't a way to block this specific file, so it cannot be deleted?

There is no way of locking a note file from being deleted, and you can put your highlights into any note file.

How much?  I have 76 pages of deleted items, and they go back to Oct 23rd of some year other than this year.

Posts 10
Samuel Nunes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:21 AM

Ok thanks guys! ^^

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS