Seriously, your problem is that you didn't get the sale that you wanted....

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2339
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:39 PM

There is an elephant in the room, or the forums at least.  It seems a lot of people are concerned about not getting the sale we wanted in our stockings from Logos this year.   Seriously ?  

If there's nothing is the sales that particularly interests you, consider how blessed you are already.  Many people around the world simply don't have access to the bible study material's you already do, let alone basic food, water  & shelter.  Even people in the countries we live are struggling to make basic ends meet.

At a time of year when our focus should be  on Chris's first coming and this would naturally lead us to his second coming, and the event central to both "Advents" - that cursed tree called the cross, , we sound more like the Israeli wandering in the desert in the book of Numbers.  We are more concerned about what  Logos hasn't put under the Christmas tree for us than what Christ did on that other tree, at least that's the impression we are giving.

Posts 3405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:41 PM

Yes Well said Andrew. I consider myself extremely blessed to have what I have - especially compared to much of the world.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 820
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:45 PM

AMEN! No company owes their customers ANY sales at all. We should all be grateful and consider ourselves blessed for the sales that are offered. 

L4 Platinum + L5 Portfolio + Verbum Capstone+
Dell XPS 8300: Core i7; 12GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6870 (Dual Monitor); Win 8 Pro x64
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T: Core i5; 4GB RAM; Win 8 Pro x64
ASUS Nexus 7 | Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posts 8121
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:30 PM

Well said Andrew.

Posts 500
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:37 PM

Thank you

P A

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:52 PM

I think we should Look at Michael Roods video on "Truth and Tradition" easily viewable on YouTube. 

Maybe a Little forward, but Meat for the aged..

(part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GF5iRgYWpo

(part 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W52y1USfAg

Posts 2960
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:53 PM

Yes LIKE +1

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Pastor Bill, Faith Presbyterian Church

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 7200rpm 750Gb-32Gb hybrid disk
HTC Incredible 2, Droid 2.3.4

Posts 706
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:59 PM

Thanks for the reminder about the blessings we do possess and either overlook or take for granted.

Posts 6525
Forum MVP
Super.Tramp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:14 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:
Seriously ?

Yes

Posts 4576
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:26 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:
We are more concerned about what  Logos hasn't put under the Christmas tree for us than what Christ did on that other tree

Peace, Andrew!                    How does one say in the Australian language "right on"!!!   ???    Thank you very much for your post. 

May the Joy to the World of Christmas always be your Joy!   The Lord IS come!    *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1767
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:42 PM

In my view the sales have had some solid resources that most would be blessed to add to their collections (IVP, TNTC/TOTC, ISBE, etc).  I haven't needed any of them, but that's ok because I know there will be those that will be blessed by this opportunity. On top of that L5 has been a good upgrade. At least for Mac users, it is significantly faster and more refined.  Life is good in terms of cool tools, but even if it wasn't, in this season we have so much to be thankful for.

Logos for Mac - Wiki Page and FAQ

Posts 1595
Forum MVP
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:59 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

In my view the sales have had some solid resources that most would be blessed to add to their collections (IVP, TNTC/TOTC, ISBE, etc).  I haven't needed any of them, but that's ok because I know there will be those that will be blessed by this opportunity. On top of that L5 has been a good upgrade. At least for Mac users, it is significantly faster and more refined.  Life is good in terms of cool tools, but even if it wasn't, in this season we have so much to be thankful for.

I was happy to get the Lenski set. L5 is much more functional on the Mac than L4 was. Big Smile

Much to be thankful for.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac 21.5" • 3.06 GHz • 12GB RAM • Mavericks 10.9.2 • 1 TB HDD

MacBook Air 13.3" • 1.8 GHz • 4 GB RAM • Mavericks 10.9.2 • 256 GB SSD

iPad 64GB WiFi

iPhone 5s 32 GB

Posts 8510
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 3:11 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:
At a time of year when our focus should be  on Chris's first coming and this would naturally lead us to his second coming, and the event central to both "Advents" - that cursed tree called the cross, , we sound more like the Israeli wandering in the desert in the book of Numbers.  We are more concerned about what  Logos hasn't put under the Christmas tree for us than what Christ did on that other tree, at least that's the impression we are giving.

I want; I Want; I WANT !

Not really.  In fact, I'm happy that things have slowed down a bit.  That's a pretty good Christmas present itself.  Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 47
JD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 3:18 PM

Indeed,

"it is easier to get the people out of Egypt than to get Egypt out of the people..." (Rev. John Hagee , if I remember correctly)

Merry Christmas!

Glory to Abba Elohim, Yeshua Elohim, Ruach Elohim

Posts 2123
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 3:41 PM

Amen absolutely right Andrew, myself I  am very grateful for the privilege Logos has provided us the tools to study the Word of God, we haven't paid for PB not only that Logos has given us to access our Library in mobile devices, Logos has made more than I could imagine, I think it is better to be grateful and competent with  what we have than to complain.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 444
Garrett Mercury | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 3:57 PM

Andrew, to say that disappointment in the Christmas sales is being like Jews wandering in the wilderness just seems plain silly.  But seriously, I do agree we have much for which to be thankful. 

Posts 624
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:04 PM

Thanks for putting it so well, Andrew. Most of the thing that have been on the 12 Days are things that I have and I have realized how blessed I am to have them.

Nice post; thank you.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Mt Gilead Church - Olney, IL

Posts 675
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:04 PM

Garrett Mercury:
But seriously

When people complain about sales, is the right approach to be critical of them, or do as others have done and point them to pre-pubs and cp?Indifferent

Posts 2339
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 1:33 AM

Garrett no analogy is perfect but I wasn't actually talking about people's feeling of disappointment, but what they are doing with that feeling - complaining like they been hard done by, and missing the blessing they have today, by looking back at what they had in the past and thinking that was better. So my analogy while you are free to call silly is much closer to Israel's behavior in the wilderness than you are implying.  The point of my post was to get people stop and think what they are doing , why the are feeling disappointed, and whether how they are handling that disappointment is giving a good impression.  I'll be the first to put. My hand up and say I don't alway's get it right. But I am not saying we as customers should never raise any concerns, but we should raise them about the right things.  One of the things I am trying to learn to do is when I feel disappointed about something is ask myself why, what is driving that feeling. Is it simply because self is not bring gratified in the way self thinks it should be gratified, or is it something else ? Well I've put it out there is up to people how they take my challenge to stop and think about why they are disappointed about this issue.

Garrett Mercury:

Andrew, to say that disappointment in the Christmas sales is being like Jews wandering in the wilderness just seems plain silly.  But seriously, I do agree we have much for which to be thankful. 

Posts 5549
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:29 AM

Hmmm .... I guess having spent a career in retail, I'm not really put off by forum members that looked forward to a sale.  A successful business has customers who look forward to a sale.

But no matter my thoughts on the various sale items (and Logos software features as well), I always keep in mind there's a 'million' (literally?) other Logos users, the bulk of which don't write on the forums (nor have my interests).

So no matter the forum (and me!), the 'mass' of other Logos users are what counts. I trust Bob & Co continue to worry about them (and of course the Logos employees too!).

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS