ESV Study Bible indexing issue/Bug

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 241
George | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:59 PM

I added the ESV Study Bible Notes to the library but it is not being indexed.  Any idea why?  I checked the index log (LogosIndexer.log) and it seems to be clean.  The Logos error log (LogosError.log) only lists something unrelated to this.  I m currently running Logos 5.0a SR-2.  Opening the resource and right clicking on a common name such as Abraham and then selecting "Search this resource" returns no hits.  Am I the only one having this problem?

I noticed the same behavior under Beta 1 (5.0.2.0441) and I posted a message about this in the Logos Desktop Beta forum as well.

Grace and peace!

• Filed under:
Posts 5066
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:08 PM

George:

I added the ESV Study Bible Notes to the library but it is not being indexed.  Any idea why?  I checked the index log (LogosIndexer.log) and it seems to be clean.  The Logos error log (LogosError.log) only lists something unrelated to this.  I m currently running Logos 5.0a SR-2.  Opening the resource and right clicking on a common name such as Abraham and then selecting "Search this resource" returns no hits.  Am I the only one having this problem?

I noticed the same behavior under Beta 1 (5.0.2.0441) and I posted a message about this in the Logos Desktop Beta forum as well.

Grace and peace!

A couple of things to try. First, the simplest solution: restart Logos, and see if it indexes on it's own. If that doesn't work, you can type rebuild library index in the command bar and that should force a reindex of your library (except for Bibles and personal books). The second solution will take longer, but should work.

You could also hide the resource, close/restart Logos (this deletes to book from your HD), then unhide and close/restart Logos, and this should download a new copy and will probably force a reindex. Maybe (since we don't know why it didn't index already).

I have no explanation for why it didn't index on it's own.

Help links: WIKI;   Videos; Logos 5 FAQ (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 241
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:41 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

A couple of things to try. First, the simplest solution: restart Logos, and see if it indexes on it's own. If that doesn't work, you can type rebuild library index in the command bar and that should force a reindex of your library (except for Bibles and personal books). The second solution will take longer, but should work.

You could also hide the resource, close/restart Logos (this deletes to book from your HD), then unhide and close/restart Logos, and this should download a new copy and will probably force a reindex. Maybe (since we don't know why it didn't index already).

I have no explanation for why it didn't index on it's own.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I tried both restarting Logos and hiding/unhiding the resource but it doesn't work.  The indexer starts and the shuts down without crashing.  Here are my logs after hiding/unhiding and redownloading the resource. The ESV Study Bible Notes is still not indexed.

3581.Logos Log Files.zip

Grace and peace!

Posts 5066
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:52 PM

George:
Thank you for your suggestions.  I tried both restarting Logos and hiding/unhiding the resource but it doesn't work.  The indexer starts and the shuts down without crashing.  Here are my logs after hiding/unhiding and redownloading the resource. The ESV Study Bible Notes is still not indexed.

Not sure why it's not working.

Have you tried the rebuild library index command?

Help links: WIKI;   Videos; Logos 5 FAQ (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 16415
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:30 PM

George:

George,

please try Richard's suggestion on your stable version and upload logs here (logosindexer.log, logos.log and any crash logs)

NB. your log above comes from the beta version.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 241
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 4:03 AM

The problem was solved by rebuilding the index. Took a while to get it done.

Thank you for your help.

Grace and peace!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS