freezes - unusable

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
david Fisher | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:05 AM

I have been using Logos 4 on my iMac for over 1 year with zero problems until recently.  The application opens fine but while opening resources (commentaries for example) I can't scroll through on any pane to actually read it - it freezes every time with the little spinning rainbow color wheel.  My software is virtually unusable.

Posts 28282
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:31 AM

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles, David. You will need to enable and post logs. Here is a link to the wiki:

http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
david Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:38 AM

3247.Logging.zip

Hope I did this correctly - The problem, simply stated is this.  Logos4 opens ok - I type the passage and hit return and this opens ok, although seems to be much slower than in the past.  Under the passage guide I select a resource, such as a commentary and it open in another panel.  When I try to scroll through it to read it, I get the spinning beach ball.  Other panels do the same, but not quite as frequently.  Logos has become totally unusable as I can do nothing beyond opening without it freezing - occasionally it might scroll a couple lines, but then freezes again. 

Posts 28282
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:41 PM

David - good job posting the logs. Smile

I took a look at the logs and they are beyond my ability to read. I do have a suggestion: Can you try loading to a blank layout? Press and hold the command key immediately after starting the app. Check the box to load to a blank layout. Don't open an old layout, but open a couple of resources one at a time. If things go well, slowly rebuild your layout and let us know what happens.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS