Deleting the Master Index

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 106
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 2 2009 1:04 PM

It appears that there was a bug in merging the indexes with 4.0a B2.  I am at Camp Logos in Nashville and found out that I need to delete the index and have Logos reindex so that I can access all my data.  I need some guidance as to where the index is located in Vista.

Thanks, Mark Martin

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 1:18 PM

Mark Martin:

It appears that there was a bug in merging the indexes with 4.0a B2.  I am at Camp Logos in Nashville and found out that I need to delete the index and have Logos reindex so that I can access all my data.  I need some guidance as to where the index is located in Vista.

Thanks, Mark Martin

It is in this folder, I would just clean it out and restart Logos

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<Random>\LibraryIndex

Posts 106
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 7:15 PM

Thanks for the information.  Sorry that it took me so long to respond.  I lost the connection at the church where Camp Logos was and then drove back to Southern Indiana. 

Quick Question:  Do I remove all the files from that subdirectory of just the LibraryIndex file?

Posts 25276
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 10:10 PM

Mark Martin:
Quick Question:  Do I remove all the files from that subdirectory of just the LibraryIndex file?

Doesn't make any difference. BUT if you do re-index set Automatically Download Updates to NO, and make sure you don't perform any updates until Beta 3 is released, otherwise you'll have another painful re-index to do!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS