BUG/CRASH REPORT: Freeze, crash, reopen, freeze, crash, reopen, etc.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 138
s f k | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:31 PM

A couple of days ago L5 just stopped working on my computer. I've reinstalled it and am still having the problem. I open it and when I try to do anything (such as scroll or click on anything) it goes crazy and freezes, crashes,reopens and continues doing this until I close the program.

I'm using:

• Windows 7 Home Premium
  • HP Pavilion dm1 netbook
  • AMD E-350 proc., 1.60 GHz
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 114 GB free on HD

Thanks in advance for any help!

1184.L5 crash.zip

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 47
Azareel Moreno | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:43 PM

im using Mac, my only crashes all the time 

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:46 AM

Azareel Moreno:

im using Mac, my only crashes all the time 

Azareel sorry you are having problems with Logos on your Mac but you should not hijack the thread.

Please start a new thread and post logs from your Logos installation. If you are not sure how to gather up logs then you can go to the Logos wiki http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Troubleshooting for information on how to turn on logging and collect and post logs.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:12 AM

Stefan Feliz-Kent:

A couple of days ago L5 just stopped working on my computer. I've reinstalled it and am still having the problem. I open it and when I try to do anything (such as scroll or click on anything) it goes crazy and freezes, crashes,reopens and continues doing this until I close the program.

Hi Stefan

There is an error definitely in your Logos logs however I see this in the indexer log:

=== WindowsIndexerProgress 6 of 1,217 resources indexed; current phase progress is 0.4%

looks that, after your re-installation, all of your resources are being reindexed and also the log showed that the indexing was paused manually.

You should allow the indexing to finish its task, will take a while. If you still have problems after that I would try loading Logos with a blank layout. Press Ctrl just after invoking Logos 5 and tick the option to use blank layout.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:19 AM

Allow the indexer to finish first, without starting Logos.

If you still have problems get in touch with Logos Support who can (with permission) log onto your computer to diagnose the issues.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 138
s f k | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 4:33 AM

Thanks guys. I'll give these suggestions a try, though when I first started having the issue it wasn't indexing, so I'm not sure if that's the cause. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again!

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:22 PM

Stefan Feliz-Kent:
Thanks guys. I'll give these suggestions a try, though when I first started having the issue it wasn't indexing,

The indexing appears to have been initiated by yourself, and we need to have logs without anything else happening that could influence the program.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 138
s f k | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:30 AM
Waited for the indexing to finish, opened it, didn't work. Reopened it to a blank layout and it seemed to be working fine. Opened one of my layouts and it froze and started weirding out again. Ideas? Thanks.

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 138
s f k | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:31 AM

6560.Logos Log Files.zip

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 12:29 PM

The layout appears to be having problems with your NA27 bible (LogosNA27) so I would delete the tab(s) and reload it, otherwise rebuild that layout from scratch.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 138
s f k | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:09 PM

Rebuilt the layout from scratch and all good now.

Thanks a lot, Dave!

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:02 PM

Stefan Feliz-Kent:

Rebuilt the layout from scratch and all good now.

Thanks a lot, Dave!

You're welcome.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS