Will the end of the Mayan Calendar affect Logos 5 ? XP vs W8

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 286
Schezic | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:32 AM

I was prompted to write this because of the whole extinction of windows XP ... emergence of Windows 8, and Logos 5 extravaganza.

Most of you know the Mayan Calendar ends in a few days. Obviously, I don't believe the world will end on the 21st, or that the stars control our destiny. The Mayans believed that the world evolves in a series of ages. While I question the methods used to arrive at the date, It is obvious a new age is dawning. I lost my cool when Logos announced they would no longer support XP. As it turns out, I replaced my netbook running XP. In the process I was introduced to Windows 8. At first, I hated it. I even uninstalled it and reverted to Windows 7. The tablet PC really needs W8 to function optimally. So, I begrudgingly re-installed it. After enduring the learning curve, I actually like it. I blush to tell you that I have even installed 8 on the PC. That worked so well, I dug out the netbook and upgraded it to 8 as well. (because it could not run Logos 5 in it's native state.)

The Logos 5 roll-out was shaky at best. Again, most of us resisted change. Now, Most of us (except for the poor Mac users) are seeing the benefits of all the advances.

Welcome to the new age. Music This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius Music

Posts 237
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:44 AM

Schezic:

Now, Most of us (except for the poor Mac users) are seeing the benefits of all the advances.

As a "poor Mac user" I must say that L5 is a great improvement in feature parity, speed, and stability. To quote the Beatles...I have to admit it's getting better..." ;-)

2012 13" Macbook Air - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 8 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - OSX 10.8.2 - also running Parallels 8 for MAC  - Windows 7

Posts 3150
Forum MVP
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:52 PM

This has been my favorite of all the cartoons...

Posts 6269
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:13 PM

Oh you guys. Obviously you haven't read Ignatius to the Trallians (at one time thought to be a community in western Asia but how can we really know?).

'... I fear I might do harm to you who are infants. You must pardon me, lest you be choked by what you cannot swallow.'

Ignatius then proceeds to brag about his knowledge of the positions of the angels/stars and the 'archontic conjunctions'.

Anyone even slightly familiar with the archontic conjunctions, knows full well that the Mayans were not far off.

Posts 15643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:34 PM

This is also a fun one:

But then there's this to correct that one:

Posts 8416
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:34 PM

Schezic:
Most of us (except for the poor Mac users) are seeing the benefits of all the advances.

From another "poor Mac user": L5 has eliminated many of the problems with L4. Some of those who had the most problems have reported love for L5.

In the spirit of the thread: Since the world will end Friday, I upgraded big time since I will not be here to pay Big Smile

Posts 645
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:43 PM

I love you Jack, you always make me smile !

Great Comment!!!!!!

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:52 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Great Comment!!!!!!

Yes!                       Indeed!                           *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 6622
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:59 PM

Do you think Logos will have an After the End of the World super sale on Saturday? Listenin' Logos? Huh? Huh?

BTW: this is my favorite:

As a friend of mine said, looks like we're going to need some sunblock on Friday.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 15643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:21 PM

Mark Smith:

I figured out what that temperature range is equivalent to in Celsius, and it's around 666. Surely that confirms it. The end of the world is at hand! Smile

Posts 187
Dan Pogue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:26 PM

These are great post, so glad there is a sense of humor here!  Big Smile  Anyone who believes the world is going to end in a few days can go ahead and send me portfolio and good commentaries,,,I will put them to good use for you!  Wink 

Blessings,

danp

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:39 PM

Thanks for making me smile! Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1778
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:45 AM

Rosie Perera:

Raining Oreos is a good thing! The flames on the bottom is a bit concerning though.

Logos for Mac - Wiki Page and FAQ

Posts 15643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 1:12 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Rosie Perera:

Raining Oreos is a good thing! The flames on the bottom is a bit concerning though.

I think those are actually toasted marshmallows at the end of skewers, being held over a very hot fire. They are very long skewers. Reminds me of the old adage "He who sups with the devil had better use a long spoon."

Posts 2412
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 1:34 AM

Last Chance at Logos partner offer.

Full insurance against the world ending on 21st (or even 22nd) December 2012.

Just send me $1000 dollars for complete cover.

Should the world end you will receive...

Full reparation to damage to home

Full reparation for lost income

A replacement vehicle

Refund for any Christmas Presents and Decorations damaged during the apocalypse.

Satisfaction guaranteed. 

Posts 8416
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 3:08 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

When I read in another thread that I had made you laugh, I was puzzled. Thanks for the clarification Geeked Glad to be of constructive service

Posts 4664
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:20 AM

Thanks for the laugh Rosie.

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 4664
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:22 AM

Jack Caviness:

Schezic:
Most of us (except for the poor Mac users) are seeing the benefits of all the advances.

From another "poor Mac user": L5 has eliminated many of the problems with L4. Some of those who had the most problems have reported love for L5.

In the spirit of the thread: Since the world will end Friday, I upgraded big time since I will not be here to pay Big Smile

If I had remembered that, then I could have ordered Portfolio. Even dumped my entire wishlist in the card and put it on a payment plan. I will not be around to pay for it anyway. Can I take my computer to heaven? Big Smile

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 4664
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:24 AM

Dan Pogue:
Anyone who believes the world is going to end in a few days can go ahead and send me portfolio and good commentaries,,,I will put them to good use for you!

Or then can just transfer the lisence. I will pay the transfer fee.

Posts 4664
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:26 AM

You brought tears to my eyes. Laughter is good.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS