NIV 1984 bundle on sale! Only $82.50!

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4758
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:09 AM

Includes Logos Maps Deluxe Set and a bunch of additional resources!

I doubt it will get any lower than this.

http://www.logos.com/product/9202/seventh-day-adventist-bible-commentary-expanded-edition

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8460
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:53 AM

53831:
This is the cost of the disc sold at the Abc stores

Had to smile at this. In North Carolina, The state is in the distilled spirits retail business, and ABC stands for Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Geeked

Posts 1528
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:28 AM

I tried Google with "ABC"  Got lots of hits like:

American Broadcasting Company

Associated Builders and Contractors 

Alcoholic Beverage Control

American Board for Certification in Orthotics

But it is most likely this one:

Adventist Book Center.

Posts 5256
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:40 AM

Lynden,

may I suggest - tongue-in-cheek smiley missing here - an alternative advertisement slogan? Wink

Includes Logos Maps Deluxe Set and a bunch of additional resources!

It may well be that some people buy it for this reason....

Hoping to bring a smile on your face,

Mick

running Logos 5.3 Beta 2 (Verbum Master+, Lutheran Silver) on Acer Extensa 5230E with 4GB RAM & 250GB SSD - Win7 Home 32bit & Android apps on Kindle Fire

Posts 16133
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:42 AM

NB.Mick:

I was tempted. Wink

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 4758
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:46 AM

Nice marketing Mick. I could use you as a consultant.

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 5256
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:52 AM

Lynden Williams:

Nice marketing Mick. I could use you as a consultant.

Smile I should've cited your original post, though.

running Logos 5.3 Beta 2 (Verbum Master+, Lutheran Silver) on Acer Extensa 5230E with 4GB RAM & 250GB SSD - Win7 Home 32bit & Android apps on Kindle Fire

Posts 28
Ken Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:53 AM

We moved to western North Carolina about 9 months ago. We first encountered an ABC store in Asheville and thought it was a educational store... until we noticed the bottles in the window. Terrible naming convention.  Big Smile

Posts 4758
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:57 AM

alabama24:

NB.Mick:

I was tempted. Wink

Hop on in the waters fine. Big Smile

Posts 4758
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 6:00 AM

Jack Caviness:
Had to smile at this. In North Carolina, The state is in the distilled spirits retail business, and ABC stands for Alcoholic Beverage Commission

Oh dear. Embarrassed

Posts 294
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 6:47 AM

Lynden Williams:

Jack Caviness:
Had to smile at this. In North Carolina, The state is in the distilled spirits retail business, and ABC stands for Alcoholic Beverage Commission

Oh dear. Embarrassed

Don't despair. If you come to North Carolina,  Go ahead and check out the ABC Liquor stores. You will likely find more "Christians" there, than at the ABC Book Store. Stick out tongue

In reality, I have a friend (A retired SDA  pastor.) He actually frequents the liquor outlet fishing for souls. This should not surprise you, though. He also fishes at several Baptist Churches ! Big Smile

Posts 2159
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 6:58 AM

Is this the only way to now buy the NIV 1984 from Logos?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1703
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:16 AM

Michael Childs:

Is this the only way to now buy the NIV 1984 from Logos?

I believe so...

I did manage to find a copy of the NIV Anglicised Version (based on the 1984 text) on a Libronix CD-ROM on Amazon and unlocked it in my library.  There may be some other Libronix CD-ROM packages knocking about which might contain the NIV 1984.  That said, I don't think you'd get it much cheaper than $82.50 if there were a lot of resources in those bundles.

Posts 294
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:17 AM

Be aware that The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary Expanded Edition comes on CD and is designed for Libronix 3. It requires some effort to get it to play well with Logos 4 or 5. (Tagging is not compatible.) I have my copy residing on  L3. It simply works better there. Oh no ! That sounded like DMB ! Big Smile

Another issue: There are literally hundreds of Mrs. White's personal letters included. (all with an individual title) Unless you are proficient at organizing the library, this can clutter things up quite a bit. ... A miniature Persius.

Posts 16133
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:26 AM

Schezic:
Be aware that The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary Expanded Edition comes on CD and is designed for Libronix 3.

Apparently not anymore… the resource info page says that it is a digital download. 

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 294
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:30 AM

alabama24:

Schezic:
Be aware that The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary Expanded Edition comes on CD and is designed for Libronix 3.

Apparently not anymore… the resource info page says that it is a digital download. 

I stand corrected. When I bought mine it was only available on CD. Note the resource info image specifies "3.0".

Posts 4758
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:21 AM

Schezic:
]I stand corrected. When I bought mine it was only available on CD. Note the resource info image specifies "3.0"

Even the cd worked well in Logos 4. Just call in the cd key and it will be unlocked on your account. We even have book covers in L4/L5. 

Posts 1528
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:58 AM

Schezic:

Note the resource info image specifies "3.0".

It is the Third release of the product by Review and Herald Publishing Association

[about 412 total resources - If that is the only resources you download on that given day -goto  Library, sort by Last update, Select all updated that day, select the data information and tag all with SDA or EGW]  Latter un-tag the NIV 84

Posts 4758
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 10:16 AM

David Ames:
[about 412 total resources - If that is the only resources you download on that given day -goto  Library, sort by Last update, Select all updated that day, select the data information and tag all with SDA or EGW]  Latter un-tag the NIV 84

Would also need to untag Handbook for Bible Study by Lee.

Posts 294
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:41 PM

Thanks for the help...I just wanted potential buyers to be aware of the issues. Smile

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS