Am I blind? The little Archaeology Bundle has the goodies!

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 2:01 PM

Can you provide a link to this? 

Posts 5172
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 3:31 PM

Super Tramp:

Everybody is aware (aren't you?) that the Master Bundle XL has a significant discount over all the XL bundles put together.....

I added up all the Xl (or L, if it was the largest available) bundles and they were very much higher than the Master Bundle XL. The savings rate is like getting a double discount! It is very telling to run the numbers on all the bundles. The sleeper in the Christmas sale is the Master Bundle XL. 

It is and given they didn't have this option first up it proves the early bird doesn't always catch the best worm. 

Another case of Logos Marketing once again getting it seriously wrong.  Bundles are still good full stop, not to take away from them and what Logos has but together. But once again Logos are changing the rules mid promotion - when will they ever learn.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 4:57 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:
It is and given they didn't have this option first up it proves the early bird doesn't always catch the best worm

I have to agree. I'm going to be the late birdie in future sales campaigns Snail

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9018
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 4:59 PM

It certainly isn't a motivation to buy in early when better deals are offered later on.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5172
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:46 PM

Bruce Dunning:

It certainly isn't a motivation to buy in early when better deals are offered later on.

You want to get in early and support Logos, but this changes everything for future sales and the timing of joining in the cheer if their marketing department is going to continue this way.   At the moment I could get the Master XL bundle for less that what it would cost me to get the Jewish XL bundle on its own and get further bundles as a bonus I steered away from because the topic was not of significant interest to me,and I owned literally nothing in some of those bundles, at this point in time.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:59 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:
At the moment I could get the Master XL bundle for less that what it would cost me to get the Jewish XL bundle on its own and get further bundles as a bonus

I wish my Master XL price was a sweet offer like that.  Catholic XL is over $1200 and Theology XL over $522

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:27 PM

Super Tramp:

Andrew Mckenzie:
It is and given they didn't have this option first up it proves the early bird doesn't always catch the best worm

I have to agree. I'm going to be the late birdie in future sales campaigns Snail

Seem to remember Master Library Bundles appearing after the 12 Days of Logos last year so looked for them this year; Thankful for Master Library Bundles this year with dynamic upgrade pricing.

Early Bird also can talk with Logos Sales about purchase(s) this month being applied toward a Master Bundle plus personal sale item(s).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:51 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Early Bird also can talk with Logos Sales about purchase(s) this month being applied toward a Master Bundle plus personal sale item(s).

This is what I was thinking.  You still have a 30 day return policy, so at the very least you could return the original purchase and get the larger purchase.  I would also think that as long as the sale is going on, even if it was past 30 days customer service would work it out. 

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 5172
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:09 PM

Super Tramp:

Andrew Mckenzie:

Seem to remember Master Library Bundles appearing after the 12 Days of Logos last year so looked for them this year; Thankful for Master Library Bundles this year with dynamic upgrade pricing.

Keep Smiling Smile

Not sure if we are no the same page.  There is only one Master bundle and multiple Topical Bundles.  This year only topical bundles were offered at very good prices now towards the end of the sale they have bundle all of the topical bundles into one Master bundle and made it even cheaper to by it that way than it was buying the topical bundles individually as a lot of early adopters of the bundles would have done.  I am thankful for what I have but being overseas trying to talk to sales at this time of year is a big waste of time.  

I am very thankful for what I have been able to acquire but just think it is wrong of Logos to halfway through a promotion penalize early adopters by making even better way to buy.   It is not something you should have to talk to sales about because the offer should be consistent throughout the whole sales period.  I have no expectation of what sales they should offer, but just think once set the goal posts they should not move.  If they offered a master bundle three months down the track at a cheaper price than the individual topical bundles that would be fine but the way in which they have done it towards the end of the current sale once again leaves you wondering do Logos marketing ever think before they do these sort of things... there are two many occasions to list where they clearly haven't thought.

Don't recall master bundles last year but maybe you are right, I just recall Christmas credit along with 12 days of logos.   I believe this is the first time dynamic pricing has been offered outside of Logos Packages.  There was essential collections a few years ago, were they a black Friday thing ?, not sure ?, they are still available and the pricing on them is not dynamic so I steered clear of those offers as I regularly support pre-pub and so they were of no value to me.

As I said earlier in another thread today , and yesterday  I think for international customers contacting Logos at this time of year its near impossible to get timely response via e-email.  I will simply decide before the times up if the extra resources I can  get at the price I can now upgrade to Master XL bundle are resources worth adding to my library  - there a great price just have to determine the value of doing so for me.

Posts 89
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:48 PM

Andrew, I'd encourage you to email sales and explain your overseas situation, they may be able to accommodate you if you need to make a return but a phone call is difficult.

Posts 343

What is the best way to do research from Archaeology resources in Logos? As most often, there is not a scripture reference, so it doesn't seem to do so well in a passage guide. However, I would like to be able to easily find archaeology information from the passages that I am studying. Any tips? 

Jason Saling

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:11 AM

Super Tramp:
Catholic XL is over $1200

Then I would imagine an update to Capstone would be cheaper, and I believe it has all but one of the books in XL. Also note that the Verbum packages seem to be consistently cheaper from Sales than from the website.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:36 AM

Andrew Mckenzie:
As I said earlier in another thread today , and yesterday  I think for international customers contacting Logos at this time of year its near impossible to get timely response via e-email.

Thankful for an email reply from Caleb in Logos Sales on the same day.

Andrew Mckenzie:
Don't recall master bundles last year but maybe you are right, I just recall Christmas credit along with 12 days of logos.

In 2011, Logos repeated Christmas bundles from 2010, including a Master collection with 2,010 volumes => Look what I just found: last year's Christmas collections are back! that appeared after 12 Days of Logos, whose purchase counted toward Christmas credit.

Andrew Mckenzie:
There was essential collections a few years ago, were they a black Friday thing ?

Logos currently offers => http://www.logos.com/product/15784/essential-reference-bundle albeit without dynamic pricing.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:14 AM

This Early Bird upgraded to Logos 5 Portfolio on November 12th. I have no desire to return Logos 5, I just wish the bundles had been available then (they were not) so I could get the apparent extra discount when purchasing with the L5 upgrade. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the pricing but signing out and getting a cart price on purchasing L5 Portfolio with the Master Bundle XL results in an extra discount of  $700+.

Posts 5172
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 12:53 PM

duplicate post...

Posts 5172
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:00 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:
As I said earlier in another thread today , and yesterday  I think for international customers contacting Logos at this time of year its near impossible to get timely response via e-email.

Thankful for an email reply from Caleb in Logos Sales on the same day.

Not my recent experience I had a serious problem where a purchase I made, it was a couple bundles actually, on the first unlocked to my account.  The other two did not, they even showed up on the website as I did not own them.  It took three days for a response to the problem. The support person tried to make out I didn't know how to download resources - clearly they missed how many I have downloaded - and said everything was fine.  Strange thing was after that email response the said bundles appeared unlocked on the website and started downloading to my Logos install when I got home from work and launched Logos 5.  I know how to download resources - me thinks someone else actually fixed the problem and this support person sent out a generic response that quite frankly was totally inappropriate to the situation.

Sorry KS4J but the following  is just one example of many I have had during holiday periods, not just this year but others years, so while you might have got a quick response that is not my experience and your experience does not invalidate mine. No offense to you but your response is a bit like that I got from the Logos support person.  I repeat I have no confidence in getting timely replies from Logos when sending emails at this time of year - its the nature of the season, Logos can't afford to train and double their staff numbers for a two month period -but the should make sure they respond appropriately and not with generic gibberish to a customer who has reported a serious problem - and taking someones money and not handing the product over is serious and should not take three days to get a response back from the company with the customer's money. 

In 2011, Logos repeated Christmas bundles from 2010, including a Master collection with 2,010 volumes => Look what I just found: last year's Christmas collections are back! that appeared after 12 Days of Logos, whose purchase counted toward Christmas credit.

Thanks I could not remember this one - possibly because those collections held not interest without a dynamic pricing option.  Still does not change the fact Logos marketing is jerking their good customers around when they do what they have with bringing out master bundles having a heavier discount than the ealier released bundles.  What the did last year or the year before than does not change what they have done this year.

I call a spade a spade.  When Logos gets it right I will say so, when they get it seriously wrong I will say so. And once again Logos marketing has used tactics that are inappropriate to the level of integrity they like to perceived as having a company.   What has happened to the Logos whom I once could trust in everything, but now can not trust anything when it comes to their  marketing.  

Even their support is not what it once was - Logos 4 was supposed to be designed to result in better support due to less complexity.  I rarely deal with them but when I do I get  generic responses designed for a new customer which actually show now respect to me for the work I have already put in myself to resolve the problem and determine it is not anything I have done or can resolve.

Merry Christmas everyone, including Logos I still appreciate you, just not always the things you do.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 3:58 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:
Sorry KS4J but the following  is just one example of many I have had during holiday periods, not just this year but others years, so while you might have got a quick response that is not my experience and your experience does not invalidate mine.

Apologies plus appreciate email queue ebbs and flows plus phone calls.  Anticipating my email sent today to Logos Sales may be awhile before have a response.

Andrew Mckenzie:

Merry Christmas everyone, including Logos I still appreciate you, just not always the things you do.

+1Yes for appreciating Logos and looking forward to improvements.  Thankful for dynamic upgrade pricing.  Personally have learned to wait and watch 12 Days of Logos and March Madness since all sale items are available for awhile after the sale.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS