Two library contents don't match... next steps?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 427
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2012 3:40 AM

Hey folks! My home library and work computer library don't match (there are about 5 resources missing from the work one - I'm using the same login naturally).

I've tried doing an update... nothing. what should be my next steps?

Thanks! Smile

Posts 10035
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 3:48 AM

Try command "Update resources" on both machines.

I'm assuming both are running the same version of Logos, and the missing ones are not PB's - do you know which you're missing?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 427
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 4:23 AM

Hey thanks for that... it could very well be PB's... I would have NEVER thought of that on my own! Surprise So I have to manually install them onto all machines I take it?

Posts 10035
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 4:34 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:

Hey thanks for that... it could very well be PB's... I would have NEVER thought of that on my own! Surprise So I have to manually install them onto all machines I take it?

Normally, the metadata should sync, but the resourcefiles won't and on needs to either transfer those files (after identifying them) manually or transfer the docx and rebuilt the book. Deleting PBs may not kill the metatdata from the library (most often, hiding the resource will, but it seems some require even more thorough treatment) and I seem to remember that PBs were the source of such inconsistencies in the past.

You may filter the library for edition:u (short for user=PBs), edition:l (regular logos) and edition:e (ebooks = Vyrso resources) to see where the difference is.

If it isn't: Other compare-methods such as tagging all resources from the smaller library with a certain tag or rating all with the same rating (if you do not use tags or ratings! Otherwise you risk destroying your ratings or putting a tag that you can't remove) have been used in the past to find the non-matching books.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS