Use of Help Menues

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Jerry A Rich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 21 2012 4:20 PM

When I first bought a Logos program (v 2, I think), there was a manual to read.  Software has changed a lot since then and now there is context sensitive help, instead.  So much is different in the software I do not understand enough to use this "help".  Now, with Logos 5, it looks like the context sensitive help is not designed to be the same as this new version.  I do not have the money to upgrade to a new version and take in a learning seminar.

I know it should be possible to write a note for myself about a passage in a book or bible.  I looked up "Notes" in 'help' here is what I found:  Add a note to a resource Reference or Selection: 1. Right-click on a word or selected text to bring up the context menu.  2.  Choose Selection or Reference at the top right of the menu, then click on Add a note to “New Notes” (see note below), .

When I right-click in my book, a word is automatically selected.  "Reference" does not appear in the box.  "Selection" does appear.  However, it looks like this box is for searching, not for making notes.

I'm sure this is a simple question and there is a simple answer, but it seems like I find difficulties like this every time I have a question, and there are many.  Thanks for your help.

Jerry Rich

Logos Research Systems, I. (2009; 2009). Logos 4 Help. Logos Research Systems, Inc.; Bellingham, WA.

Posts 25095
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:00 PM

Jerry A Rich:
When I right-click in my book, a word is automatically selected.  "Reference" does not appear in the box.  "Selection" does appear.  However, it looks like this box is for searching, not for making notes.

Reference will be there if you are in a Bible/Commentary/Lexicon because the text is part of an article to which you can refer e.g. Matt 3.4, Strong's Greek # 4567.

I think you need to see videos that are available via the wiki --> http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Bible_Software_Wiki

Then if you go to the Table of Contents you will find articles on all the tools/guides/documents.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 2:19 PM

Jerry A Rich:

I'm sure this is a simple question and there is a simple answer, but it seems like I find difficulties like this every time I have a question, and there are many.  Thanks for your help.

Jerry Rich

Peace and Joy and Every Blessing to you, Jerry!                  Dave has some good advice about watching the many videos available. 

Also, welcome to the Logos Forums.  We consist of a bunch of Logos Bible Software users and volunteers from all over the world who desire to help and support one another in the usage of Logos Bible Software and Logos related and integrated products.              So, we're available 24 hours a day (at least someone is!  *smile* )          Please feel absolutely free to ask anything at all.    If we don't know, we'll try to find out for you!

Logos is a fantastic wonderful program for studying God's Word!  The "Learning Curve" is worth it!     *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS