Clause search restricted to only 2 resources ?!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 66
Gerard Lim | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:27 AM

When I click on "clause" under Search, it says Search clauses in All passages in Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT:SBL edition. When I click on "Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT:SBL edition", the only other resource it shows is "Lexham Hebrew Bible."  I want to search on my preferred Bible which is NASB95.

I just upgraded from Logos 4 to 5 using minimal crossgrade. I didn't use setup. It was upgraded for me automatically.

Did I miss some settings?

Appreciate your help.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:33 AM

Gerard Lim:

Currently Clause Search tagging is only in two resources; can add Bible(s) to search results for sympathetic highlighting of clauses.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5566
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:39 AM

Gerard Lim:

When I click on "clause" under Search, it says Search clauses in All passages in Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT:SBL edition. When I click on "Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT:SBL edition", the only other resource it shows is "Lexham Hebrew Bible."  I want to search on my preferred Bible which is NASB95.

I just upgraded from Logos 4 to 5 using minimal crossgrade. I didn't use setup. It was upgraded for me automatically.

Appreciate your help.

If you run your search using either of those two resources, you can then add a parallel column with the NASB95, to view your results there.If you have sympathetic highlighting on, you'll be able to see in English exactly what the search is reporting in Greek/Hebrew.

Note that clause searches are performed on these original language resources (even when the terms are in English), which have been manually tagged with the clause terms (e.g. "object:manna"). This allows searching for the referent even when the specific term isn't used (e.g. "bread out of heaven" for "manna" in Jn 6:32).

I'm not sure if Logos intends to tag all the reverse interlinear texts in the same way, sometime in the future. For now, this is the option/method we have available.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 25104
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 2:04 PM

Gerard Lim:
When I click on "Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT:SBL edition", the only other resource it shows is "Lexham Hebrew Bible."  I want to search on my preferred Bible which is NASB95.

The "Clause" aspect is what makes this search unique as original language bibles and reverse interlinear bibles are not divided into grammatical clauses. That analysis is stored in separate databases, of which only two have been provided. The person/place/thing tagging in the bibles has limited application at present  e.g. lookup Bible Facts or a dictionary.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS