BHS SESB 2.0

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 81
Aaron C. Fenlason | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:33 AM

I am having a problem with Bibilia Hebraica Stutgartensia. The first word of each verse does not display information on mouse over and the only way to select the word is to do it manually be dragging the mouse. Right click does not allow me to select and left click selects the entire chapter. Where can I report this issue so that it receives prompt attention?

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:58 AM

Aaron, I can confirm the issue at least using the PC. The verse numbers must be coded in incorrectly so the Hebrew isn't being differentiated on a right click. Logos folk often look in here so someone may see the post.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Marty Brownfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:35 AM

This bug has been reported since Nov 6 (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58858.aspx), but with no response from Logos as yet.

Posts 81
Aaron C. Fenlason | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 12:38 PM

Thanks, Marty. I searched the Logos 5 threads to see if this had been posted yet. I didn't think to check the general threads since this seems to be unique to L5. I have used SESB with L3 and L4 with no problems. This issue is new since I upgraded to L5 two weeks ago.

Posts 11152
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:08 PM

Aaron C. Fenlason:
This issue is new since I upgraded to L5 two weeks ago.

Yes, it seems to be a bug in L5. Not fixed in current 5.0b beta 1, but Logos said they have an active case for it.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 47
JD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 6:49 PM

A correct mouse over and info in L4 (I have not upgraded to L5 yet)...Waiting for L5 which is past its Beta stage: First buyers are always TRUE Beta testers Big Smile

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:33 PM

Hey Janusz, I couldn't help but notice the little 'Shin' logo on your task bar, as someone who loves Hebrew resources, can you tell me what this is?

Posts 81
Aaron C. Fenlason | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 10:07 PM

Janusz,

It is definitely an L5 thing. I never had an issue with L4.

Matthew, the program is Shibboleth and it is made by Logos. You can get it here.

Posts 2
Mamy RAHARIMANANTSOA | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:00 PM

Thanks, Aaron. I have noticed this problem for a while since I moved to L5. I m a bit  frustrated. We hope that L5 can resolve it as soon as possible.

Posts 2
Mamy RAHARIMANANTSOA | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:13 PM

Hi Aaron. I have noticed exactly similar problem using BHS f. SESB with L5. Very frustrating. We hope L5 can resolve this technical problem as soon as possible. I a using Lexham Hebrew Bible, but this bible version is OK, but  I prefer BHS from SESB which has more informations.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:22 PM

Mamy RAHARIMANANTSOA:

Thanks, Aaron. I have noticed this problem for a while since I moved to L5. I m a bit  frustrated. We hope that L5 can resolve it as soon as possible.

Welcome Big Smile

Noticed 2 Jan 2013 reply by Logos => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58858/447675.aspx#447675

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

This will be fixed in 5.0a SR-4 or 5.0b (whichever is released first).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:17 PM

People having problems with the Hebrew in Logos need to keep in mind that Logos doesn't consider you folks that use the original languages as their target demographic and thusly you are all being thrust to the proverbial back burner.  This is N.O.P. with Logos.

Posts 81
Aaron C. Fenlason | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:07 PM

777:

People having problems with the Hebrew in Logos need to keep in mind that Logos doesn't consider you folks that use the original languages as their target demographic and thusly you are all being thrust to the proverbial back burner.  This is N.O.P. with Logos.

I can't comment on anyone's motives, but this has not been my experience. I am very happy with my Logos software and love the tools that it provides for working with the text (I just wish syntax searches were a bit more simple).

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS