Suggestions on Making L4 Custom for the Mac

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 12:16 PM

Heath Choate:
Did you watch the video I posted above? 
yes, I have seen it before.  If there are transferable ideas, I am confident Logos will incorporate them.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 12:00 PM

Once note-taking ability is added to the Mac version, the window for notes should take advantage of the Mac OS' built in spelling and grammar check.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:28 PM

R. Mansfield:
Once note-taking ability is added to the Mac version, the window for notes should take advantage of the Mac OS' built in spelling and grammar check.
yes, please!  That would be awesome!!  Yes

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:28 PM

This isn't a major deal for most, but I struggle with some color blindness. Some of the tab and background colors of the UI really mess with me. It would be nice if I could "edit" or pick from different color options. For me, it would make Logos more enjoyable.

all about Christ,
David 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 53
Daniel Bergquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 8:22 PM

I'm going to approach this in a more general way rather than specific suggestions. The developers have probably already though some of these, but they bear repeating:

1. OS X HIG. Anyone touching something related to an NSView or one of it's subviews, either in code or in Interface Builder, should be familiar with the HIG.
  2. There's OS X UI design blogs, find the good ones and read them on a regular basis.
  3. Find the applications that are praised for their UI and see how they do things. Design subtleties, both in functionality and aesthetics, are a big part of what makes the OS X UI a joy to use. Pay attention to how apps use them. If you see a pattern used in a number of apps, that's a good clue to use it in yours assuming it's not a broken pattern.
  4. Experiment. Find out where you need to break the HIG and where to go beyond it. Have fun! In the end, always ask, "Does this method of doing this make it in anyway harder for the user or a perhaps a class of users?" Weigh the usability costs. Ideally, the software should be accessible to people with disabilities. Test the ideas you want to ship with people who are unfamiliar with the software, just be sure to keep your developers out of the room.

12-Core Mac Pro, MacBook 2.0 GHz Core Duo, Mac mini

Favorites: http://www.piratechristianradio.com http://issuesetc.org

Posts 152
Mike Strawn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 3:34 AM

Joe - Along with Notes capability - could Logos consider adding a Citation Feature to the Copy Function? If you select a Passage in any translation - say Exodus 5:2-5 and then Right Mouse Click on the Selected Passage - the Window comes up with the Copy Option. Could L4 capture the Passage and the Citation so when we Paste it has Exodus 5:2-5 then the selected Passage text. Most of us - who are doing sermon prep most likely have to manually enter the citation in our notes then paste the passage into a Word Processor (hopefully Pages) if you a re true Mac bigot. I noticed that when you select the passage - the Command Bar for the translation changes to reflect the passage you selected - so Logos is aware of your selection already. Seems like a practical addition to the Copy function.

Anyway - my thoughts - anyone else see value in that capability?

-Mike

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:54 AM

Mike Strawn:
Joe - Along with Notes capability - could Logos consider adding a Citation Feature to the Copy Function?
Just to clear things up, I only started working with Logos a week ago and I am in the Marketing Department so I have no say or influence on the design—at least not any more than you do as a customer.  :-)

There is a feature that will allow you to customize how Logos will insert your citation, so as soon as the developers build in the UI, this feature will be there for you :-)

Blessings

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 9:00 PM

No offense intended Geary, but it would be very helpful if you posted your comments in paragraphs.  They would be more compelling and much more readable.

Thanks

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 9:02 PM

R. Mansfield:

YesYes

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS