What's up with the forum these days?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:23 AM

I'm not sure if any of you are getting this result when you try to post to the forums but lately I have been getting an error report back for each post I attempt to make although when I check it seems like it actually did post.

Here is the error message:

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1557
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:44 AM

Sometimes I get the error message, sometimes not. When editing a post I always get the error message. The posts are posted and edited. There should not be any error message. So, no need to dp.

~1,480inclprint trulyergonomic.com
8Gtabl
laptops 8G: late'12 EliteBook W8.1 4threads HDD; '12Q1 HP 1366*768 15.6" '13 hybrdisk; '09 4GB 11.9" '12SSD
desktops: '09 8G W8.1 Core2Quad Q9300 HDD; '06 3GB PentiuD; W2000 Pradis justNIVACJn

Posts 1127
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:54 AM

I get this same error message, a LOT.  All my posts make it through though.  

Perhaps Logos is trying s.t. to defeat the spammers, but it doesn't seem to be slowing them down at all though.

Posts 6329
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:00 PM

Well, luckily we KNOW who our site administrator is. Goodness are they getting an earful.

Completely off-topic, but imagine if that were the answer from the Almighty. It'd be quite a shocker.

Posts 1690
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:05 PM

I'm getting that error message every time I post too - from both my iPad and MacBook (both using Safari browser.)

At the moment, after clicking on submit, I wait a few seconds then refresh the forum page to check if my post has made it through. I don't bother waiting to see the error message...

Posts 4268
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:32 PM

We're aware of this problem and are looking into it. I don't currently have an estimate on when it might be fixed, sorry.

Posts 3948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:37 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

We're aware of this problem and are looking into it. I don't currently have an estimate on when it might be fixed, sorry.

Thanks! I figured that you folks probably knew it and were on it. At least it is working and we should simply ignore the message if we get it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 682
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:36 PM
Bruce Dunning:
Thanks! I figured that you folks probably knew it and were on it. At least it is working and we should simply ignore the message if we get it.
The error appears to actually occur after the post itself has been saved to the database while the forum software is updating some statistics about the post. I'm actively working on a fix as we speak. I'll update this thread when I'm confident it's been resolved completely.

Development Manager

Posts 3948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:45 PM

Thanks. It is interesting that my last few posts have not had this problem whereas my previous dozen or so posts have had this problem.

Posts 682
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:35 PM
Bruce Dunning:
my last few posts have not had this problem whereas my previous dozen or so posts have had this problem.
I'm glad to hear it! Zero posts have had the problem since 8:32 when I made a change to address the issue. I'm continuing to monitor things, but so far so good.

Development Manager

Posts 5191
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:40 AM

Thanks a lot!

running Logos 5.3 Beta 1 (Verbum Master+, Lutheran Silver) on Acer Extensa 5230E with 4GB RAM & 250GB SSD - Win7 Home 32bit & Android apps on Kindle Fire

Posts 8239
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2012 10:20 AM

Cameron, is anyone doing anything at all about SERIOUS MALFUNCTION of forum subscriptions?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 682
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:07 AM
fgh:

Cameron, is anyone doing anything at all about SERIOUS MALFUNCTION of forum subscriptions?

As I just posted in that thread, my expectation is (was?) that the changes I made to address the issue reported here would've solved the subscription issue as well. There were a number of unfortunate side effects of this particular issue (the error upon post submission). Subscription emails failing is among those side effects.

I'll keep digging into it, but if you have specific examples of posts submitted since 8:30 PM PST Friday, knowing those would be incredibly helpful.

Development Manager

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS