Indexing differences between SR-7 and Beta 2

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:31 PM | Locked

Quick question.  My Beta2 version of L4 automatically downloaded new resources recently and created a supplemental index.  My SR-7 version of L4 downloaded the new resources and also created a supplemental index.  However, when I do a basic search for "propitiation" on both, I get different hit counts.  For example, in B2, I get 311 results in 198 articles under "New Resources" but 507 results in 335 articles in SR-7.  In B2, I get 5,597 results in 3,226 articles for "Library Results", but in SR-7 I get 5,401 results in 3,089 articles.  Something definitely is different.  SR-7 and B2 are on different machines and don't share resources (if that is even possible).

Can someone else with a similar configuration (B2 and SR-7) run a basic search in both and see if their results are the same?  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posts 2205
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:35 PM | Locked

Mine are identical between the two.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:54 PM | Locked

JohnFidel:

Mine are identical between the two.

I think I figured it out.  I had re-indexed the entire SR-7 machine a week ago (which I forgot about), but never did it with the Beta 2 machine because of fear of the "merge" problem.  I think once this is fixed in B3, they should be the same.

Thanks for your help!

Posts 25049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:15 PM | Locked

JH:
I think once this is fixed in B3, they should be the same.

The main thing is that total hits (Library + NEW Resource) is the same, else you have a problem!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS