Logos 4 downloading update?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Beyers Herbst | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:24 PM

Hello,

Is there any way of checking what updates Logos 4 would be busy downloading at any given time? Currently my Logos 4 is downloading a 1,7GB "update". I mean, that is one heck of an update. What could they possible update of that size?

Thanks!

Cape Town, South Africa

Intel Core i7 6700K CPU @ 4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:32 PM

You can turn on logging: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

The download includes many books converted to Logos4 internal format, plus some new media resources and updates to existing media resources (pictures).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:43 PM

Beyers Herbst:

Is there any way of checking what updates Logos 4 would be busy downloading at any given time? Currently my Logos 4 is downloading a 1,7GB "update". I mean, that is one heck of an update. What could they possible update of that size?

There's a lengthy thread today, discussing this q. In short, Logos currently doesn't provide a way to see this, but people would like it.

My update was 1.8MB, and 37 resources were updated. Several of these were graphical, e.g. 1000 Bible Images (190MB), Earthly Footsteps of the Man of Galilee (160MB). When a book is updated, they send us the full update.

It then spent over an hour indexing, which ran both cores at around 95%, so the laptop got too warm to use on the lap. (With a broken foot, I'm keeping the foot up and literally using it as a 'laptop.') Mind you, I'm not complaining: that's service when Logos provides the updated resources .

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS