Irving Jensen's Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Guides

Page 1 of 7 (123 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 122 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 2 2013 2:51 PM

I was wondering if someone here on the Logos board might know the answer to this question:

I recall a post last year where people were asking for the Irving Jensen's Do It Yourself Study guides.  These are different then the OT and NT surveys, and they are also different than the Self Study Guide Series.

I have been trying to find the Do It Yourself Bible Studies Guide to 1 Corinthians for a while with no success.  Does anyone here know any of the following:

1)  Where I might buy it other than the obvious Amazon, etc.

2)  Someone who might be willing to sell a copy or...loan me a copy!  I would be willing to put up funds to protect the return of it.

3) Whether or not Logos DOES intend on digitizing these studies.  They are fantastic, and since they are out of print, I believe many people would love them.  They are, in my humble opinion, much better than the Precept Studies.

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Cynthia

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 9972
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:46 PM

You might start here http://www.inductivebiblestudycentral.com

Believe this sight is run by Dr Jensen's daughter.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 4:00 AM

Thanks!  I'll give that a try, but the board appears to have been abandoned.

Cynthia

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 9972
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 5:32 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
the board appears to have been abandoned.

Don't believe they have abandoned it, as the home page was recently updated. In fact, it is not even that late here in Eastern US.

The Irvin Jensen page http://www.inductivebiblestudycentral.com/meet-the-inductive-bible-study-authors/irving-jensen.php shows the same date stamp. This may not be the sight I had in mind, will need to look further.

Posts 79
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 6:50 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

3) Whether or not Logos DOES intend on digitizing these studies.  They are fantastic, and since they are out of print, I believe many people would love them.  They are, in my humble opinion, much better than the Precept Studies.

I totally agree Cynthia. This is the best bible study guide I have ever found too. Sorry I don't have the 1 Cor one.

Posts 9972
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:15 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
1)  Where I might buy it other than the obvious Amazon, etc.

It is only $3.95 on Amazon. Is that a problem?

I have that book, but it would cost almost that much to get it to you. A used Study Guide is listed cheaply, but would probably be self-defeating

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:58 AM

Thanks for your reply, but that is not the one I was looking for.  Those are the "Self Study Guides" of which I have the complete set.  I am looking for the "Do It Yourself Bible Studies.  They are more work book like.

Cynthia

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:04 AM

Hello Jack:

I went to the website and noticed that every time I clicked around, it said that the page was updated...at that exact time.  So, when I would back out and go back in, the time changed to the time I was on.  Does that make sense.  However, I don't see any posts since 2010 and even though I tried to "sign up" for classes, non exist. 

If this IS her site, it seems as if almost everything points over to Precept Ministries, Kay Arthur and the Precept Studies, such as the 40 minutes series, Lord series, etc.

Also, here is a link that shows you what the Do it Yourself Series Looks like, which are different than the Self studies series.

http://www.amazon.com/-yourself-Bible-Studies-Jensens-Inductive/dp/0898400511/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1357228973&sr=8-8&keywords=do+it+yourself+bible+studies+irving+jensen

Again, I thank you so much for your efforts here!  I would love to get a hold of her and see if you knows where I could find the study!

Cynthia

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:05 AM

John:  Glad to hear others have received the benefits of these studies.  I would love to see them back in print!!!

Cynthia

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 281
D Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:31 AM

Cynthia,

It's been a very long time I think, but Sharon did post here on the Forum on an inductive Bible study thread regarding her late Father's material, FYI, if that helps any.

Desktop: Win7/64, i7-860, 24GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:04 AM

Hello D Bouey:

Thank you for that information.  I did a search and found her ministry website of Word Center Ministries.  There was a link there to contact her, so I did.  Hopefully, she will be able to direct me.  Thanks again!

Cynthia

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 9972
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:08 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
I would love to get a hold of her and see if you knows where I could find the study!

I believe this is the thread D mentioned http://community.logos.com/forums/p/6722/111566.aspx. The Sharon in that thread is Sharon Jensen, but I found no reference to Irving Jensen in the thread. Since there were a multitude of posts, I could have missed it. I remember the thread and thought I had exchanged messages with her concerning her father, but—alas—all those messages are in an obsolete email app Crying

Everything recent I can find through Google concerning Sharon Jensen shows her related to Precept Ministries and Kay Author. It is possible that there are two different ones.

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:17 AM

Thanks for the follow up, Jack.  Yes, that was the thread I found, which mentioned her ministry as "Word Center Ministries," so I do believe they are one and the same.  I know she used to write/teach for Precept many years ago, but according to her website, now writes her own studies with her husband.

Cynthia

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Posts 281
D Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:27 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

Hello D Bouey:

Thank you for that information.  I did a search and found her ministry website of Word Center Ministries.  There was a link there to contact her, so I did.  Hopefully, she will be able to direct me.  Thanks again!

Glad you were able to locate her new website, Cynthia!

Debie

Desktop: Win7/64, i7-860, 24GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Posts 5
Tammy Culp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 11:14 PM
Hi you can find them all on Moody Publishing. Do a Google search...that's how i found them. They are about $10 per book and there are 45 different ones to choose from. I have the original 1 Corinthians with only 100 pgs however there's is listed with 117 pgs If I recall correctly. So it's not the first print it says 1990 reprint. Enjoy. In Christ,Sincerly T.
Posts 5
Tammy Culp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 11:16 PM
Hi you can find them all on Moody Publishing. Do a Google search...that's how i found them. They are about $10 per book and there are 45 different ones to choose from. I have the original 1 Corinthians with only 100 pgs however there's is listed with 117 pgs If I recall correctly.it says 1990 reprint. Enjoy. In Christ,Sincerly T.
Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 3:01 AM

Tammy Culp:
Hi you can find them all on Moody Publishing.

Welcome Big Smile

Moody Publishers has the "Self-Study Guides", but the "Do It Yourself Bible Study Guides" were published by Here's Life Publishers, which has dissolved => http://www.bizapedia.com/ca/HERES-LIFE-PUBLISHERS-INC.html

Noticed Amazon shows many publishers of Irving L Jensen books: Here's Life Publishers, Harvest House Publishers, Moody Bible Institute, Moody Press, Moody Publishers, and World Wide Publications

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1308
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 6:37 AM

I loved Jensen's Do It Yourself Study Guides. They helped me develop my approach decades ago. I'm sure they would be helpful to lots of people if they were available again.

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:01 AM

You could probably find most of them here

Posts 551
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 5 2015 2:07 AM

Tammy Culp:
Hi you can find them all on Moody Publishing. Do a Google search...that's how i found them. They are about $10 per book and there are 45 different ones to choose from. I have the original 1 Corinthians with only 100 pgs however there's is listed with 117 pgs If I recall correctly. So it's not the first print it says 1990 reprint. Enjoy. In Christ,Sincerly T.

Hello Tammy:

Thank you for your response.

Yes, those are the Self Study Guides.  I'm Looking for the "Do it Yourself Study Guides" by Irving Jensen.  Same Author, different publisher.

It has been over a year since I started this thread, and I STILL cannot find the 1 Corinthians Do It Yourself Guide. :(

Cynthia

www.cynthiafeenstra.net

Page 1 of 7 (123 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.