copying without footnot Numbers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Cory Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:13 PM

Is there a way to view and copy scripture without footnotes and numbers

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:23 PM

I have wondered the same thing...I have usually gone to Biblegateway.com to copy my scriptures when I want only the verse(s).  It would be nice to have an option to only copy the passage without all the fluff...

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:39 PM

CoryJohnson01:

Is there a way to view and copy scripture without footnotes and numbers

Use the Copy Bible Verse feature (Tools>Copy Bible Verses) and select the format you want to use. To change from the default copy style click on the words after "Copy" and select the format you want. Keep changing until you see what you want in the window below. If none of those are quite what you want you can make your own style -- be sure to read the help file to learn how to do this.

To make using this tool quicker to find/use, drag it from the Tool menu to the short-cut bar.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:42 PM

My Alpha Mac will copy in paragraph format without verse references or footnotes.  I assumed the setting carried over from my Windows Beta testing.   I don't have access to the L4win version right now, but is there not a command in the Tools menu to shut off footnotes and verse numbers?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:33 PM

Joe Miller:

My Alpha Mac will copy in paragraph format without verse references or footnotes.  I assumed the setting carried over from my Windows Beta testing.   I don't have access to the L4win version right now, but is there not a command in the Tools menu to shut off footnotes and verse numbers?

Footnotes, yes. Verse numbers no.

However, the bibliographic citation will still be copied and pasted as a footnote, if the user uses CTRL-C from the Bible text, rather than the Copy Bible Verse module. AFAIK, the only way to copy Bible text without footnoting the bibliograhic information, no other footnotes, and no verse numbers is by using the CBV module.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:00 PM

Okay, I was using CBV and since I assume that option is in windows, isn't that the answer to the question.. use CBV?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:04 PM

Joe Miller:

Okay, I was using CBV and since I assume that option is in windows, isn't that the answer to the question.. use CBV?

Yes, but the settings for the CBV aren't in the Tools>Program Settings menu, but in the CBV copy style itself. The only thing the Program Settings can do is handle copying of footnotes in a text (Biblical, or otherwise).

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS