Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2009 9:36 AM

Is there a way when in the Reverse Interlinear NT to select a Greek word and perform the function of an Englishman's search on the LXX as well?

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:00 PM

MartinWebster:

Is there a way when in the Reverse Interlinear NT to select a Greek word and perform the function of an Englishman's search on the LXX as well?

An Englishman's Concordance in a resource without Strong's Numbers is simply a lemma search. So right click the word, choose Selected Text | Lemma | Speed Search All Open Resource. Make sure LXX and Reverse Interlinear are the only Greek texts open.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 28
Scott Edgren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 6:43 PM

Dave Hooton:
So right click the word, choose Selected Text | Lemma | Speed Search All Open Resource

I can get that to work for the NT if I have ESV Reverse Interlinear open as well and click on "aligned hits in context". But I'm not sure how that would work on the OT with the resources I have. One probably needs a special resource that includes both English and Greek data types.

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 10:20 PM

Scott Edgren:
One probably needs a special resource that includes both English and Greek data types

Yes, you don't get a true Englishman's unless you perform "Aligned hits in context" after a lemma search on a reverse Interlinear. Otherwise (LXX and ESV NT) you are only finding (not comparing) occurrences.

For OT use ESV OT Rev Interlinear and the Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear (LHI) because you get an English gloss in both (search on Hebrew lemma), but the LHI will align on the Hebrew so you have to use the gloss in the resource.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 26027
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2009 11:54 AM

Dave Hooton:
search on Hebrew lemma

Pardon me but it I were doing this on the LXX I'd want the Greek lemma rather than the Hebrew. Is that asking too much?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2009 5:42 PM

No - except there isn't any Greek in the Hebrew resources from which you quote me!!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2009 6:10 PM

Thanks very much. That works very well

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS