Interrupting a Download?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 10 2013 2:09 PM

My laptop was just recently replaced, and I installed my L5 today, and started the download process.  I have 8.51 GB to download.  It will take a while.

What happens if I interrupt the download?  Will it crash, start over, or pick up where it left off?

The reason I ask is, at work (where it now is, downloading), I have about 150K of download bandwidth. At home, I've got about 1MB.  So if I unplug it and take it home and restart the download, what happens?

There's an option to pause indexing.  I don't see an option to pause the download.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2013 3:07 PM

Doc B:
There's an option to pause indexing.  I don't see an option to pause the download.

The downloaded files are saved internally and download progress is monitored. if you put the laptop to sleep you should be a able to resume it at home.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:54 PM

Dave Hooton:
The downloaded files are saved internally and download progress is monitored. if you put the laptop to sleep you should be a able to resume it at home.

Thanks, Dave.  That's exactly what happened.  The first 60% took 7 hours to download; the last 40% took less than an hour on the faster connection.  It's indexing now...figure that'll take all night.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS