Setting up hyperlinks

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7
Les Heath | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:59 PM

One of the other frustrations I am finding with version 4 is setting up hyperlinks.  As I said previously, I like to work from within the text. 

Let's say I have my Bible versions open, all linked together, and another resource that has a hyperlink to a verse in it.  when I click on the verse, all my versions jump to the hyperlink.  I understand that I can choose ANOTHER version of the Bible, to be opened when I click on hyperlinks.  However, in version 3, you could have multiples of the same version opened at once. 

So, NAS could be my primary version, that is open and being used.  And, when I clicked on a hyperlink, a new window would open in NAS, with the hyperlinked verse.  It appears that I can't do this in version 4, that it won't allow two of the same version to be open at once. 

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Les

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:24 PM

Right-click on the NAS tab and choose Open A Copy In A New Tab. Then, in the copy, click on the book cover icon and check Send Hyperlinks Here.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 7
Les Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2013 12:46 PM

Thanks, FGH.  That works, as long as I have that second copy of NAS open.  I can live with that.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:34 PM

I just found that you can also right-click on the link and select Reference > Open in a new tab.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS