Speaker Label placement configuration in Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Dwayne Stanley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:15 PM

Is there a way to configure speaker label placement to always come before the appropriate word rather than in the middle of the word?

Thanks!

Posts 12319
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:30 PM

If it is appearing in the middle of a word, there is usually an out-of-date resource involved. The other possibility that comes to mind is an index problem. Does this happen on all Bibles or only selected Bibles?

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5013
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:34 PM

Dwayne Stanley:

Is there a way to configure speaker label placement to always come before the appropriate word rather than in the middle of the word?

Thanks!

Dwayne, if this is happening to you, it's most likely caused by a faulty Bible index, or by having your Bible or your reverse interlinear out of date.Does this happen on all Bibles, or only with certain ones?

To fix the faulty Bible index run the Rebuild Bible Index command (in the Logos command bar). Let it complete and restart Logos5. That may fix it. If it doesn't, be sure to post your version numbers.

If you want to try the other solution first, post your Bible and reverse interlinear version numbers here and we could check against ours. Find them at the very bottom of the info pane (click the little "i" in the circle) in the Support Info section. For example, my version numbers for the ESV:

LLS:1.0.710
2012-11-01T16:52:55Z
ESV.logos4

RVI:ESVNT
2012-10-11T20:40:31Z
ESVNT.lbsrvi

RVI:ESVOT
2012-11-01T00:05:22Z
ESVOT.lbsrvi

Help links: WIKI;   Videos; Logos 5 FAQ (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3863
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:12 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Dwayne Stanley:

Thanks!

Dwayne, if this is happening to you, it's most likely caused by a faulty Bible index, or by having your Bible or your reverse interlinear out of date.Does this happen on all Bibles, or only with certain ones?

To fix the faulty Bible index run the Rebuild Bible Index command (in the Logos command bar). Let it complete and restart Logos5. That may fix it. If it doesn't, be sure to post your version numbers.

The Bible Index is not used to position the Speaker labels icon, so running "rebuild bible index" will not fix this problem. (It will just tie up your computer for an hour performing an unnecessary indexing.)

Your second suggestion (Bible out of sync with reverse interlinear) is the most likely cause; posting the Support Info should confirm this hypothesis. Running "update resources" should update the resource that is out of date.

Posts 5013
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:16 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Richard DeRuiter:

Dwayne Stanley:

Thanks!

The Bible Index is not used to position the Speaker labels icon, so running "rebuild bible index" will not fix this problem. (It will just tie up your computer for an hour performing an unnecessary indexing.)

Your second suggestion (Bible out of sync with reverse interlinear) is the most likely cause; posting the Support Info should confirm this hypothesis. Running "update resources" should update the resource that is out of date.

Thanks for setting me straight, Bradley.

However, I thought that a mismatch between the rev.int. (where the speaker data intersects with the text) could also cause this. Hence the indexing suggestion. Your comment makes me think that this is not how an indexing issue would present itself.

Help links: WIKI;   Videos; Logos 5 FAQ (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 20
Dwayne Stanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:44 AM

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I don't know if the issue is with all Bibles or just the one I was using (NASB95). I will check that out along with the suggested fix tonight. 

Thanks again!

Posts 20
Dwayne Stanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 2:39 PM

I'm not totally sure what I am looking for, but this is the info from ESV & NASB95. As best I can tell, the ESV matches yours. The NASB is what I am having issues with. Thanks in advance,

Dwayne.

LLS:1.0.710

2012-11-01T16:52:55Z

ESV.logos4

RVI:ESVNT

2012-10-11T20:40:31Z

ESVNT.lbsrvi

RVI:ESVOT

2012-11-01T00:05:22Z

ESVOT.lbsrvi

LLS:1.0.71

2012-08-14T20:47:39Z

NASB95.logos4

RVI:NASBNT

2012-11-08T22:01:18Z

NASBNT.lbsrvi

RVI:NASBOT

2012-11-01T01:47:19Z

NASBOT.lbsrvi

Posts 9094
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 2:46 PM

Can you give an example of where you are seeing the problem in NASB?

Ideally with a screenshot as described at http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Posts 9094
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 2:50 PM

I'm not at my computer at the moment so can't check but the date on the NASB seems old.

if so, then "update resources" as discussed above should fix the problem

Posts 20
Dwayne Stanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 2:57 PM

Notice the word "therefore" in verse 3 and "prophets" in verse 4.

Thank you for the input. 

Posts 20
Dwayne Stanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:12 PM

As best I can tell, "Update Resources" has solved my issue. I have my settings configured to "automatic updates". Somehow NASB was out of date. Thank you for your help. 

Dwayne

Posts 9094
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:40 PM

That is good news.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS