Logos.com Maintenance

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:50 PM

Once a month, we've got to perform maintenance on our commerce systems that requires us to take Logos.com and Vyrso.com offline for a few minutes. We typically do it sometime between 9PM and 11:59PM Pacific Time, but it's only for a few minutes, not the entire 3 hour window. We're always working to try to minimize the amount of time the site is unavailable.

Tonight, January 16th, 2013, is the first one of the year. In the future, I'll try to provide more notice. I expect the next one to occur on February 20th, 2013.

So, if you notice Logos.com and Vyrso.com being unavailable during these dates and times, that's what is going on.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Cameron.

Posts 4
Kay Solvik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2013 2:56 PM

test reply for customer

Posts 3068
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 2:48 PM

@ Cameron,

I couldn't log in a couple of hours ago. Called Logos and the technician said that it was your server that was the issue. It affected not only mine but others as well. However, thanks for the heads up.

mm.

mm.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 10:20 PM
Logos.com and Vyrso.com will both go offline for a few minutes between 10:30 PM and 12:00 AM Pacific Time tonight (as they do once a month).

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Logos):
Logos.com and Vyrso.com will both go offline for a few minutes between 10:30 PM and 12:00 AM Pacific Time tonight (as they do once a month).
This will be happening again tonight. Completely different work, but, unfortunately, a similar impact.

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2013 5:17 AM

Well, it is 6:15 am (Friday, March 22nd) here in Wyoming and I have been trying to open Logos for the last 10 minutes. All I get is "Preparing Your Library" with a ongoing "circle" going around and around and around...

Is it something wrong with my personal logos or this is happening to everyone?

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2013 7:17 AM

Joseph Luna:
Is it something wrong with my personal logos or this is happening to everyone?

It's working fine for me - just shut Logos down and restarted it to check.

Are you trying to open to the Homepage or a layout?

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 1:20 AM

Is Logos.com down for maintenance now? It's been down for at least 5 minutes. I didn't see an announcement about it going down. Please continue to give us a heads up when you're planning to take it offline. Thanks!

Posts 50
Jan Áki Andreasen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 2:08 AM

I'm having the same problem with the site being down, and I'm unable to sign in on Logos 5. I guess it's 2:00 AM Pacific Time now (11:00 AM in Denmark).

I can't find any announcement about maintenance anywhere ...

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 2:33 AM

Doesn't work in the UK at the moment either. Neither does vyrso.com. But these forums, blog, and also faithlife.com still work.

Unfortunately it does mean the android Bible app is not fully working either because it relies on a live internet link to logos.com (eg passage guide not working).

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 2:36 AM

Yup, still down in North America an hour later.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 2:42 AM

Still down in UK.  Can't log in on Windows, and lookups aren't working on my iPad.  

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 3:59 AM

am EST still down :)- some one fell a sleep

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 4:23 AM

Rosie Perera:

Yup, still down in North America an hour later.

Kind of makes you leery of increased cloud-based resources, doesn't it? Still down 3 hours after your initial report.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Rosie Perera:
Is Logos.com down for maintenance now?

Typically, when it's down for planned maintenance, it's only down for a small handful of minutes.

In this case, there is an actually problem that we're working to resolve as quickly as possible.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 4:59 AM

Cameron

Thanks for letting us know. Since Logos.com is my Homepage, I thought for a moment that my BT Broadband had dropped! Your post reassured me. Hope you'll be able to fix it soon.

Every blessing

Alan

Have a brew on me. Coffee

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 12:14 AM
Tonight is our June maintenance window.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 8:39 AM

Cameron Watters (Logos):
Tonight is our June maintenance window.

would this explain why Sync no longer works in Logos 5 and why I can't log in or out of the main website?

David

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 9:01 AM

Hi David,

Sorry for the inconvenience!  I resolved the sync issues we were experiencing this morning at about 8:57 AM PST.  Are you still having troubles syncing?

Thanks,
Dustin

Software Dev at Logos.  How to post your logs: (Windows) (Mac)

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS