Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:12 PM

Is it possible for the highlighting you do in one bible to show up in multiple bibles? Maybe only selected bibles. I have tried every visual filter selection on the tri-lenses and don't see it happening.

Or is this just a imaginary feature I dreamed up? After all L4 has my coffe prepared in the morning and breakfast cooking, I was hoping it would do this also.

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:17 AM

Glenn,

Are you referring to highlighting as in "marking while reading" or a visual filter for certain words or morphology or something?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:34 AM

Sympathetic highlighting (which you probably saw in a video) is a transient feature. It highlights other bibles with the same Greek behind the translation when you select text in one bible. This feature only works in reverse interlinear Bibles/Original Language Bibles

Manual highlighting only applies to the resource you place it in.

You can add a note to a Biblical reference and a colored box will show up at the beginning of that verse in every translation (if you have that visual filter enabled)

Does this answer your question?

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 9:25 AM

What I was hoping for was the same verse that I manually highlight would be highlighted in my top bibles for example. I understand the sympathetic highlighting is more or less a greek tool.

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 9:30 AM

if you add your note to the reference rather than to the section it will show across multiple versions

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 5
Timothy Zila | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:34 PM

How do you add your note to the reference?

Posts 31322
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:41 PM

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Timothy Zila | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 3:25 PM

I have the reference bar selected, as you show on the picture, and then I click "Add a Note" but it still doesn't show in my other resources.

I also watched all of the Logos Videos on Notes and none of the dealt with adding a note that applies to all the Bibles that contain that passage.

Thanks for the help, I'm a new Logos user and am loving it and learning a lot so far! (I am, like a lot of other people, really looking forward to the full interlinears in 2010 though.)

Posts 31322
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:24 PM

What resource did you add the note to? When you open another resource to the same location, do you see a colored box anywhere in the vincinity?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Timothy Zila | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:30 PM

I added the note to the NET but can't get it to show up in the NASB in the vincinity. I even closed Logos and reloaded it and the note still wasn't there.

Posts 31322
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:41 PM

Timothy Zila:
I added the note to the NET but can't get it to show up in the NASB in the vincinity.

You are right - I reproduced the problem using your two translations:

It needs to be added to the list of bugs ... a significant bug

Posts 5
Timothy Zila | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 5:45 PM

Should I report or will/have you?

Your images are super helpful, btw. It's good to see what's going on. 

Posts 31322
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 5:53 PM

Timothy Zila:
Should I report or will/have you?

I'll let you do so as you first found the problem

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS