MacBook Air???

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 28
Tito | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:03 AM

I was wondering if anybody is running the Alpha 5 Release in a MacBook Air. How is the experience? Is it a good one or not? I'm about to install it in mine and see how it goes... Have a great day, everybody!!! 

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:59 AM

I have a MacBook Pro and I can't imagine it would be much different.  Mine runs fine, so let us know how it works out for you.  Good luck!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:34 PM

JoseCabanAviles:

I was wondering if anybody is running the Alpha 5 Release in a MacBook Air. How is the experience? Is it a good one or not? I'm about to install it in mine and see how it goes... Have a great day, everybody!!! 

Please post your MBA specs and your experiences. I am getting an MBA next year (I need something lighter) and I am concerned performance maybe an issue and I should get an MBP 13"

Posts 16
Daniel Norwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 6:13 AM

I know the first generation Macbook Airs had some performance issues.  I have heard of no performance issue on the current models of the Macbook Air.  Take on this info with grain of salt because I use a macbook pro.

Posts 28
Tito | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:52 AM

These are my specs... on my first generation Macbook Air

MacBookAir1,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Everything seems normal after installation except for the approximate indexing time showing. It says it will take 97:40 and then it went to 40:55 in the first 4 minutes. I imagined it will take more time than in my MacBook Pro. Will keep posting my experience as it goes.... 

Posts 28
Tito | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:57 AM

My apologies,  I forgot to say that I have upgraded  to Portfolio  LE so my experience might not be the usual experience of other users with less resources to be indexed...

Posts 28
Tito | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 4:39 AM

Ok, for those of you who are interested, here we go. My MBA (MacBook Air)  finished indexing last night after almost 25 hours of work. At the beginning it seemed it was going to take more than 40 hours but that number started receding, as time passed, down to to 24:39... Keep in mind I had upgraded to Portfolio LE and I have a First Generation MBA so I think the performance wasn't that bad because my experience with my MacBook Pro (Unibody 2.4 GHz 4G Ram) was not too distant from this one. It took my MacBook Pro around 23 hours to finished the indexing of the same size. After that I upgraded to Alpha Release 6 last night and I have no complaints at all. Everything looks normal in both computers except that the MBA is missing around 3 resources. The program is very responsive and fast in both computers, I searched for the word Grace in both computers and the difference was just about one second delay for MacBook Air. 

136,379 results in 60,225 articles (4.19 sec) MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram  Bus Speed: 1.07 MHz (unibody)

135,155 results in 59,654 articles (5.52) MacBook Air 1.8 GHz 2GB Ram Bus Speed: 800 MHz

As you can see there is a difference in the amount of articles and results. As I said I'm missing resources on my MBA.

I hope this is helpful but if there are any furthers questions I'm willing to answer according to my experience... God Bless You!!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS