Continually Running Indexer 0%

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Josh Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:05 AM

Hey all,

I upgraded to Logos 5 recently and seem to be having trouble with the indexer. It continually pops up and says it is indexing, however, scrolling over the indexer indicates progress is at 0%. Often, hovering over the indexer, makes it disappear completely. On other occasions, it allows me to "pause indexing for 4 hours." This is using up a lot of system resources and has been going on for several weeks. Suggestions?

I am running Windows 8 on a 64 bit processor if that matters. 

Thanks in advance!

Posts 10178
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:26 AM

Hi Josh

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

To help track this down could you enable logging (as per http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging) and then after this has happened, close Logos and post the logs to this thread?

Please post the logs before restarting Logos (as some of them are overwritten)

Graham

Posts 31
Josh Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:39 AM

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the quick response and your willingness to help. Hopefully I'm doing this right. Here are, what I hope are the log files.

1817.LogosError.log

8750.LogosIndexerCrash.txt

6378.LogosIndexerError.log

Posts 6522
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:54 AM

My apologies Josh.

But the error message is straight out of 1st semester programming: 'Index was outside the bounds of the array.'  And people wonder about the long-term viability of the software.  Hopefully it's something more complicated.

But as a first step, you might want to update and hopefully that'll repair it.

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:07 AM

Hello Josh,

I apologize for the trouble you're having. The error message seems to indicate that the indexer is attempting to merge a new supplemental index into the previous index, but the previous index isn't lining up quite right. It may have been corrupted somehow and will likely need to be rebuilt.

You can do this by entering the command, Rebuild Index, in the command field atop the main window.

If this doesn't help, please give us a call and we'd be glad to take a closer look at it. We're available M-F at 1(800)875-6467, 6:00am-5:00pm Pacific.

Posts 31
Josh Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:17 AM

I entered the command and the software seems to be indexing. Thanks. I'll let you know if I have further difficulty.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS