Nelson Electronic Bible Resource Library (NEBRL)-->Libronix3.0f--> LOGOS 4

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Richard Humphrey | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:36 PM

Recently my NEBRL Windows 95 Vintage I beleive was upgraded to Libronix 3.0f ...   I notice a variety of discounted LOGOS 4 packages pertaining to my account are available....  Can somebody help me with some basic understanding of the swap from Libronix to LOGOS?

1. Does all the Nelson Stuff that I own get trashed or does it get converted to use in LOGOS 4?
  2. Is there anyway to just migrate to LOGOS 4 while keeping the same Nelson(Libronix 3.0f based resources) I currently have?
  3. If so how do I do that?
  4. If not then if I pay whatever the discount price is for whatever package,  can I still keep the Nelson Libronix Based package and run it Side by Side with the Package downloaded from LOGOS 4?
  5. What package gives me the most Bible Version's for the $, I am not as interested in the deeper reference works yet, I really just want to be able to follow along with Brian Hardin and the Daily Audio Bible, each week they use a different version.... It is incredibly helpful for my learning style to be able to read word for word what is being read, being an ADD sufferer, I have real concentration/retention problems.... So thats my goal, easy front end lots of versions, least cost,  please help if you can?

Thanks and Jesus best to you,

Rick Humphrey

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:45 PM

RichardAHumphrey:

• Does all the Nelson Stuff that I own get trashed or does it get converted to use in LOGOS 4?
  • Is there anyway to just migrate to LOGOS 4 while keeping the same Nelson(Libronix 3.0f based resources) I currently have?
  • If so how do I do that?
  • If not then if I pay whatever the discount price is for whatever package,  can I still keep the Nelson Libronix Based package and run it Side by Side with the Package downloaded from LOGOS 4?
  • Let me answer all those questions at once: Logos4 can read all Libronix (Logos3) resource, including everything Nelson publishes. You keep everything - except that the Nelson home pages don't work in L4.

You can also run Libronix and Logos4 at the same time (one does not disable or over wright the other).

RichardAHumphrey:
    What package gives me the most Bible Version's for the $, I am not as interested in the deeper reference works yet, I really just want to be able to follow along with Brian Hardin and the Daily Audio Bible, each week they use a different version.... It is incredibly helpful for my learning style to be able to read word for word what is being read, being an ADD sufferer, I have real concentration/retention problems.... So thats my goal, easy front end lots of versions, least cost,  please help if you can?

Go to www.logos.com/upgrade and look for yourself. It looks to me like the Bible Study package (the least expensive one) has almost all the Bible versions available to Logos, and all the major ones. But don't take my word for it. Look at all you get and ask what you really want.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2736
    Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:47 PM

Nelson Ultimate Library works fine for me in Logos 4 (as all other libraries and collections of Libronix resources). Also, as addition to that, you can of course keep it parallely in the Logos3, since you don't have to uninstall Logos 3 when installing Logos 4. You can use both.

Bohuslav

Posts 1
    Rog Marsh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:03 AM

Did you get a result with your enquiry.  I have a similar problem. I have Lofos Ultimate Reference Library that I've used for many years using Windows XP.  But it will not instal into windows 7 Home Premium and Logos has not been very helpful.  There must be an access code or condersion key.  Does anyone know how to obtain it? 

someone mentioned activation.  These old software pagages worked straight from the packet with no need to activate.  Is there someone even now to activate old software.  Do you have detailed instructions how?

Rog

Posts 24930
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:37 PM

Rog Marsh:
    I have a similar problem. I have Lofos Ultimate Reference Library

Nelson have an Ultimate Reference Library designed for Libronix. The problem would be installing from the CD. You need to install 3.0g from this weblink and then apply the IE9-fix (don't update to IE10). The install will be made easier if you have a Licence Backup file from your XP installation, else you will need the Confirmation code from that installation (after you activated it). I can't remember if entering your Logos Customer Id (email) alone would enable the licence transfer but try it.

If none of these is available/known you will have to involve Logos support

Dave
    ===

Windows & Android

Posts 1
    Desgouttes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 9:30 PM

I have a Ultimate Bible Reference but the system not accepting my cd code 

Posts 24930
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 11:25 PM

Desgouttes:

I have a Ultimate Bible Reference but the system not accepting my cd code 

A valid serial # is 20 characters (4 x 5 char). If that is not being accepted then consider that this problem can happen with versions 10 and 11 of Internet Explorer. If you can revert to IE 9, do so and try again because you will have other issues with IE10/11, especially on Windows 8.x.

Dave
    ===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS