Highlighting when reading a book in a floating panel

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
Rick Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:49 PM

When I am reading a book in a floating panel and want to highlight something it seems that I have to dock this panel then highlight the section I want then float this panel again. Is there a way that I can Highlight something right from the floating window...without have to dock the panel?

Wiki Logos 4 Mac Yes L4 Mac START HERE! 

Posts 23579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:05 PM

I had no problem highlighting a resource in a floating window:

• with the Tool in the main window; or
  • with the tool in a separate floating window: or
  • with the tool in the same floating window

In each case, select the text in the resource, move to the Highlighting panel, click the style, and move to the resource window to see the result.

This could be a Mac issue!?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 26234
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:15 PM

Dave Hooton:

I believe so.

Eric Miller:
Is there a way that I can Highlight something right from the floating window...without have to dock the panel?

I think the solution is to use shortcut keys (i.e. assign Yes for "yellow"). Hover over the right side of the highlighter name and a button will appear. Click the button and a popup menu with the ability to assign shortcuts will appear. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 10263
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 2:36 AM

alabama24:
I think the solution is to use shortcut keys

I put a copy of the Highlighter panel into the floating window. Of course, this may not be a viable option with a single small display.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 74
Monroe R Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 4:33 AM

On the Mac, the shortcut key combination of "command+k will highlight the selection in a floating panel. This will not allow you to select multiple highlighters but will use the last active highlight.

Rich+

Posts 46
Rick Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:30 AM

Thanks...I am on a Macbook, and this key combination works Smile

Posts 8868
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:55 AM

alabama24:

Dave Hooton:

I believe so.

What's the "Mac issue" supposed to be? I just highlighted the same three ways Dave lists, and it worked just fine. Not that I'd normally use either of them. The only times I have the Highlighting panel open when highlighting tend to be when I test things like these.

Eric Miller:

this key combination works

It works, but why would you want to use two keys when one is enough? (See Alabama's post)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 46
Rick Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:17 AM

Yes I have tried this also and it works. the problem was that when I had the floating window open then used the highliting the floating window would minimize and when I brought up the floating window again there was no highliting. For some reason now that I have assigned a shortcut it appears to work

Posts 26234
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:28 AM

fgh:
What's the "Mac issue" supposed to be?

I'm not sure. Can I claim confusion? Big Smile

I originally though the OP was about reading view, and I remember a post some time ago where a user had issues with highlighting in that view. The solution was to create highlighting shortcuts.

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS