Eusebian Canons and Ammonian Sections

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Cees van Veelen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2013 2:31 AM

When I open Logos 5 on a passage (for example Luke 2) I see in the left window under the caption 'Eusebian Canons': Luke §3 (Luke 1:36-2:46).

This means that the content of this part of Luke is only found in Luke,  not in other gospels.

Now when I take my ancient 1963 edition of Nestle/Aland I se the sections of Eusebius: One starts at 2:1, the next at 2:6, the next at 2:15. That is interesting, because modern editions and translations tend to divide differently: paragraph 1 starts at 2:1 and paragraph 2 starts at 2.8.

My question is: Is it possible with the Eusebian Canons as part of the resources to see the same subdivision as I see in my paper 1963 Nestle/Aland NT?   

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 4:06 AM

Cees van Veelen:

When I open Logos 5 on a passage (for example Luke 2) I see in the left window under the caption 'Eusebian Canons': Luke §3 (Luke 1:36-2:46).

This means that the content of this part of Luke is only found in Luke,  not in other gospels.

Now when I take my ancient 1963 edition of Nestle/Aland I se the sections of Eusebius: One starts at 2:1, the next at 2:6, the next at 2:15. That is interesting, because modern editions and translations tend to divide differently: paragraph 1 starts at 2:1 and paragraph 2 starts at 2.8.

My question is: Is it possible with the Eusebian Canons as part of the resources to see the same subdivision as I see in my paper 1963 Nestle/Aland NT?   

There is a Logos publication of the Eusebian Canons though they aren't integrated into the NA27. 

http://www.logos.com/product/8891/eusebian-canons

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3
Cees van Veelen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 4:23 AM

Yes, I know the publication you are referring to. I have that publication. My question is, why this Logos publication shows Luke 1:36-2:46 as 1 unit, while in my paper version of the Eusebian Canons this part contains 13 units.

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 4:53 AM

Cees van Veelen:

Yes, I know the publication you are referring to. I have that publication. My question is, why this Logos publication shows Luke 1:36-2:46 as 1 unit, while in my paper version of the Eusebian Canons this part contains 13 units.

Sorry, but I really can't speak to that question since the only paper edition I have is the Biblia Sacra Utriusque Testamenti Editio Hebraica et Graece.  I gave up separate paper editions years ago in favor of this so I could have both testaments handily available to follow along in the Sunday readings of the 3 readings (plus the chanting of the Psalm) at church (Unlike some, I refuse to take a computer into church for use during the services).  The only indication of the Eusebian Canons in this edition is in the introductory pages 84-89 in tables. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS