Logos 5 Crashes when trying to Print/Export Notes

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Klwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2013 9:55 AM
Every time I try to print or export notes from Logos on my Mac the Print/Export window will open for about a second and than the program crashes I am running OS X 10.8.2 and everything on my computer should be up to date.
Posts 219
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 8:25 AM

Hello Klwood,

I'd be glad to look into this with you. It appears we may be having trouble getting the print properties from your printer. This could occur if the printer was missing an update. My first recommendation would be to look up the printer on the manufacturer's website and see if any updates or "drivers" are available for download.

Even new printers often sit on a shelf somewhere for a while before they get used and it's likely to have seen some updates in that time.

If this doesn't help, let us know and we'll see what else we can figure out for you.

Also, does this occur when printing other content, or just notes?

Posts 5
Klwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:56 AM

I checked the printer software and firmware on the printer. It is all up to date. Logos will crash no mater what I am trying to print or export.

Posts 219
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 12:32 PM

We may need to collect some extra data. When the application crashes, Apple should give you a report. Could you copy this report to a TXT file and attach it?

Also, what brand and model printer are you using? Does this crash occur if the printer is disconnected?

Posts 5
Klwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:52 PM

I checked all the Crash logs and I find nothing for Logos that has happened recently. I am using a Kodak ESP C310 all in one printer. I connect via WiFi. I tried it with the printer off and still have the same problem. When I click Print/Export the print window will open and run for about 3 seconds and than the program shuts down. 

Posts 76
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 7:00 PM

I have Lexmark pro 905 which connects by wifi and it also crashes.  I'm not even trying to print and it crashes.  I was just trying to export to a file but I couldn't even get past the initial export/print screen.

Posts 13143
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 7:01 PM

Curious about default printer in System Preferences => Print & Scan  ?

Wonder about printing to a PDF ? then use Preview to print PDF ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5
Klwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 7:44 PM

I tried to turn off the WIFI on the printer and hook direct to the printer through USB, Than I unhooked the printer and left the WIFI on the printer off. Logos crashed both times

Posts 175
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:28 AM

Klwood,

I have had a similar problem under Windows 7., My problem is that I did not have the default Windows fonts installed eg. Times New Roman.

I don't know very much about Macs (my choice) but could there be a problem with uninstalled fonts?

Stephen

Sydney, Australia

Posts 5
Klwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:51 AM

Good call Stephen. The default fonts are loaded on my Mac but the fonts in Logos do not match the default fonts on my Mac. I change the Logos default font in Notes to Arial and now everything seems to be working. I have tried the Print/Export in other areas besides note and it works know matter what font is used in the document that I'm trying to print. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Kevin

Reelsville, IN

Posts 4
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:14 PM

I have the same problem on my Mac OS X Logos 5.  I tried changing the default font, but to no avail.  Perhaps I chose the wrong fonts?  I tried Ariel and Helvetica.  I am going to attach the Crash Report as a txt file.  1325.Untitled.rtf

Posts 2515
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:44 PM

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. Can you post logs of the behavior? www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/logging 

Posts 15928
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:54 PM

David:
I have the same problem on my Mac OS X Logos 5.

David - Welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

The log you posted is the crash log from Apple… what is really needed is the logs from Logos… which will need to be enabled first. Follow the link that Tommy gave, and if you have troubles with it, let us know. You will need to enable logging, and allow Logos to crash. Then, you will grab the logs and post them. Please attach them via the paperclip icon (don't paste them in). 

Also, it would be helpful if you could create a new thread. The issue that you are having may be completely unrelated to another user, even if the symptoms are the same. When you create the new thread, explain what is going on. 

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS