"Replace with Passage" option in Smart Tags has disappeared for Office 2013 (32-bit)

Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 8015
LogosEmployee

Fred Greco:

I can't get this to work. I downloaded the last 64 bit version you posted (I'm on Office 2013 x64). I ran the regsvr command from the command line (as administrator) and it "failed to load."

Try running regsvr32 directly from the Run box (Windows+R) without using a Command Prompt; does that work? And make sure you are specifying the full path to the 64-bit DLL you downloaded (its name should be LSmtTg64.dll).

Posts 5
Bryant Huang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:05 PM

Super huge thanks, Bradley!!!!! This is one of the most valuable features for me since I use it all the time. It works beautifully for me. Thanks again!

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 1:47 PM

does this feature only work for Word 2013?... It doesn't show up in PowerPoint

Posts 8015
LogosEmployee

David Salazar:

does this feature only work for Word 2013?... It doesn't show up in PowerPoint

PowerPoint 2010 and PowerPoint 2013 are not compatible with the Logos Smart Tag. (PowerPoint 2010 changed the way in which it passes information to the Smart Tag, such that it's now impossible for us to detect Bible references. We haven't been able to find a workaround for this problem. Since Microsoft has deprecated smart tags in Office 2010 and later, it's unlikely that this will ever be fixed.)

Posts 9
Joel Adkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 6:25 AM

Could you explain, in detail, how to install the Smart tag .dll in Windows 64 bit?  I am seriously challenged at this point with all of this, have used the smart tags in the past, and can't get beyond downloading the 64 bit program that you offered above.  Any help would be really appreciated.

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:07 PM

Joel Adkins:

Could you explain, in detail, how to install the Smart tag .dll in Windows 64 bit?  I am seriously challenged at this point with all of this, have used the smart tags in the past, and can't get beyond downloading the 64 bit program that you offered above.  Any help would be really appreciated.

Joel,

If you are running MS Office 32-bit (default/recommended) then the dll comes with any Logos 4/5 updates after March 19 this year. See http://wiki.logos.com/Smart_Tags.

If running MS Office 64-bit, get the dll and install it as described in posts following http://community.logos.com/forums/p/65493/460778.aspx#460778. It should then work as for the 32-bit dll.

Note that it works only with MS Word.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10
Kevin MacMillan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:59 AM

Is there any way to specify the Bible version you want copied, short of changing your default Bible manually? Is there a way to do it through the API?

Thanks!

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 1:29 PM

Kevin MacMillan:
Is there any way to specify the Bible version you want copied, short of changing your default Bible manually?

No.

Kevin MacMillan:
Is there a way to do it through the API?

I'm not familiar with the COM API.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3
Randy Conway | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:51 AM

Bradley,

Thanks so much for the dll

I run Logos 5 on a Windows 7 Home Premium operating system. I have Office Home and Business 2010 64 bit. Ran the dll and now I have the additional actions!

Thanks so much

Posts 128
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 9:03 AM

Bradley,

I am running Windows 7 64x, last night I upgraded to Microsoft Office 2013. I downloaded the latest smarttag version and placed it in the Logos 4 system folder. But when I attempt to run the register command it says file/module not found. Any suggestions?

Posts 8015
LogosEmployee

jwsheets:

But when I attempt to run the register command it says file/module not found. Any suggestions?

Can you post a screenshot of the error; that'll help track down exactly where it's failing.

Posts 128
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:14 AM

Bradley, my bad, I saw the post for the updated file for Word 2013 64x, but didn't catch that the version of Word 2013 I have is 32x so now I have replaced the good file with a good file that isn't teh right file.

Posts 8015
LogosEmployee

Try running a "Repair" on Logos Bible Software from "Uninstall Programs" in "Control Panel". It should detect the missing/overwritten Smart Tag DLL and repair it.

Posts 1
Kevin J. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:53 AM

Bradley,

I am running Windows 7 with Office 2010 64bit:  I just purchased Logos 5 and installed it today.  I am not super tech savvy and could use step by step instructions for getting the Smart Tag to work.  

I have downloaded the .dll you mentioned in previous post, however, I do not understand the instructions from that point.

Any help would be a blessing.

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 4 2014 2:44 PM

Kevin J. Smith:
I have downloaded the .dll you mentioned in previous post, however, I do not understand the instructions from that point.

Press the Windows key then the R key until you see the Run box and then type in the command like the following:-

Instead of  C:\SmartTag64  type in the path to the folder where you placed the dll. Then press OK.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10
Dr. David Wolfe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 12:23 PM

I am confused over the SmartTag64 ...  I am  running  Win 7  64bit,  Office 2007 64bit.

I am obviously don't understand, and or am not doing something correctly.  At least my computer doesn't like how I do it.  I made a C:\SmartTag64 ... ran the regsvr32  C:\SmartTag64|\LSmtTg64.dll ... and I get this response: The module "C;\SmartTag64|\LSmtT64.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is  stored at the  specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or  dependent. DLL files.  The specified module could not be found.

Then I hunted down Logos 5 on my computer--C:\ ... AppData\Local\Logos5\System ... and pasted the  LSmtTg64.dll  among the rest of the 'stuff' and  ran the regsvr32 ... and  got the same  response. 

Yet, if  I  go into  Office\Add-Ins,  there is a Logos Bible Software 5 (Bible  references) followed by L4SmrtTg.dll.  No LSmtTg64.dll.  What  am I doing wrong?

Dave

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 2:56 AM

Dr. David Wolfe:
The module "C;\SmartTag64|\LSmtT64.dll" failed to load.

It could be that the 64 bit dll is only compatible with Office 2010/2013. But try this first:-

• regsvr32 /u C:\ ... AppData\Local\Logos5\System\L4SmrtTg.dll   ==>  unregister the 32 bit dll
  • regsvr32 C:\ ... AppData\Local\Logos5\System\LSmtTg64.dll 

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 4:13 PM

Bump for Dr. David!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10
Dr. David Wolfe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 5:28 PM

I tried your suggestion ... didn't work.  I tried the /u switch, but it wouldn't unregistar.  Maybe I just need to drop the Logos 64bit and go back to 32bit.  Dave

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 2:45 PM

Dr. David Wolfe:
Maybe I just need to drop the Logos 64bit and go back to 32bit.

It should work if you uninstall Office 64-bit and install Office 32-bit.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS