NASB95 lemma search empty!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:40 PM

I tried a lemma search today for the first time after the last Logos update and the results are blank! Same lemma search in NIV works fine. 

Any suggestions?

Posts 219
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:15 PM

Hi Rick,

I think you're dealing with a bug that should be fixed in 4.6b, but the workaround in this thread may help for now: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/65042.aspx

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 2:35 PM

Tried the fix listed above - still nothing on lemma search in NASB.

Here is the info from support info - 

LLS:1.0.71

2012-08-14T20:47:39Z

NASB95.logos4

RVI:NASBNT

2012-11-08T22:01:18Z

NASBNT.lbsrvi

RVI:NASBOT

2012-11-01T01:47:19Z

NASBOT.lbsrvi

Posts 5079
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 2:52 PM

Rick Harrell:

Tried the fix listed above - still nothing on lemma search in NASB.

Here is the info from support info - 

NASB95.logos4

NASBNT.lbsrvi

NASBOT.lbsrvi

Your NASB95.logos4 file is out of date. It should be dated 2012-11-08T22:29:43Z

If update resources didn't fix the problem, and if the NASB95 is your preferred Bible, try selecting a different Bible as your preferred Bible, then run the update resources command again. After Logos finishes downloading and indexing, reset your preferred Bible to the NASB95.

Help links: WIKI;   Videos; Logos 5 FAQ (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 4:00 PM

Thanks Richard, Followed what you suggested (

Richard DeRuiter:
If update resources didn't fix the problem, and if the NASB95 is your preferred Bible, try selecting a different Bible as your preferred Bible, then run the update resources command again. After Logos finishes downloading and indexing, reset your preferred Bible to the NASB95.
)and same thing - the Support info pane has not changed -

NASB95.logos4

NASBNT.lbsrvi

NASBOT.lbsrvi

Any other thoughts???

Posts 5079
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 5:40 PM

Rick Harrell:
Any other thoughts???

Well, the NASB95 isn't updating. That's a problem.

I assume you changed your preferred Bible to something else, and then ran update resources. (I not, try both steps in that order.)

The next step to fixing it would be to remove the NASB95 from your system, and download a new copy. [sigh] You might want to wait until after the weekend, in case we need tech support to recover from some other problem - then you'd at least have something for now. Your choice.

Here are the steps to remove the NASB95.

1. Close every instance of the NASB95 you have open, or change every instance to a different version.
  2. Open your library to a floating window (CTLR-L) and click on "Prioritize" on the top-right, and remove the NASB95 from the list (this will also deselect it as your preferred Bible - which will be your highest prioritized Bible).
  3. Click on "Browse" in your Library window and type in NASB95, and locate your NASB95 Bible. (Just leave this for now, we'll come back to it.)
  4. Click on Tools > Settings and navigate to the bottom to Hidden Resources and click the little triangle/arrow on the left to open that list box.
  5. Now bring your Library back to the foreground (either ALT-TAB or from the task bar at the bottom).
  6. Click, hold and drag the NASB to the Hidden Resources list box, and ensure that it's there.
  7. Now close Logos.
  8. After Logos finishes shutting down (might need to give it a few seconds to complete it's shut down routine), start Logos again, and let it finish it's startup routine. This is when the NASB95 will be deleted.  Open your library as before and make sure the NASB95 doesn't appear. If it does report back, there's something else going on.
  9. We're going to make sure that the NASB95 is no longer present on your computer. So close Logos again, open Explorer (WinKey-E) and navigate to C:\Users\[*Your Windows Login*]\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\ (Note: replace [*Your Windows Login*] with your Windows login name). You should see a folder name with some random characters. Click on that and select the "ResourceManager" folder and then the "Resources" folder. Scroll down to find the NASB95 (make sure the files are sorted alphabetically to find it fastest). If it's there try to remove it by right-clicking on it and select "Delete." If Windows doesn't let you delete it, note message you get from Windows and report back. If it's not there, we've succeeded.
  10. Assuming all went well, restart Logos and let it completely finish it's startup routine. If the settings pane isn't open, open it again (Tools > Settings), and navigate to the bottom of the pane.
  11. Find and right-click on the NASB95 and select "Unhide."
  12. Close Logos again, and let it finish shutting down.
  13. Take a deep breath.
  14. Restart Logos again. As Logos starts up, or shortly after it seems to finish starting up, it should begin to download the NASB95 (along with the reverse interlinears), let that finish completely.
  15. Follow the prompts after the download is complete to add the NASB95 back to Logos (restarting Logos once more).
  16. Let indexing finish completely before trying anything with the NASB95, but you should be able to confirm the file date/time stamps any time.

If this doesn't work report back. I know this looks confusing at first, but just follow the steps one at a time and you'll be fine. If you get stuck, ask for help.

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:43 AM

Thanks again Richard - i got to step 8 and NASB is still there.

Richard DeRuiter:
After Logos finishes shutting down (might need to give it a few seconds to complete it's shut down routine), start Logos again, and let it finish it's startup routine. This is when the NASB95 will be deleted.  Open your library as before and make sure the NASB95 doesn't appear. If it does report back, there's something else going on.

Rick

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:45 AM

Trying again - 

Got rid of it that time

will do the rest of the steps.

Rick

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:59 AM

Hi again Richard - 

No NASB95 when I open resources.

I have NASBCONC.logos4

NASBDICT.logos4

NASBNT.lbsrvi

NASBOT.lbsrvi

Posts 16558
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:32 AM

Make sure you have an English bible as your preferred bible, and restart Logos. If there is no download then type update resources in the Command bar.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:28 AM

Hi Again Richard,

Went through the process (thanks for the detailed instructions). i have NASB95 back, still no lemma search - now the options manuscript, lemma, morph etc are all missing from NASB. still there for NIV, KJV, and ESV at least so I can still do the searches, just not in the version I like to use. 

At the beginning of the thread one of the Logos techs said there is a bug fix coming. 

again, thanks for the help.

Rick

Posts 5079
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:04 PM

Rick Harrell:

Hi Again Richard,

Went through the process (thanks for the detailed instructions). i have NASB95 back, still no lemma search - now the options manuscript, lemma, morph etc are all missing from NASB. still there for NIV, KJV, and ESV at least so I can still do the searches, just not in the version I like to use. 

At the beginning of the thread one of the Logos techs said there is a bug fix coming. 

again, thanks for the help.

Rick

Sorry, Rick. I was mostly away from my computer yesterday, and just got back from finding/fixing a water supply line leak to our new house (move in soon - about a month).

Did Logos finish indexing before you tried the lemma (etc.) search?

Did you double check the version numbers to make sure they match mine (above)?

If yes, to both of those, then I'm at a loss. You may need to check with tech support. But just because it doesn't cost any money and just a little time, try restarting Logos one more time, make sure all indexing is finished, and see if you still have the problem. If you do call or contact tech support by email. Details are on the Logos web site (under contact info).

Posts 36
Douglas Stolberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:13 PM

Hi Rick,

I had the identical problem. Here is my solution, thanks to Tech Support. It requires a bit of knowledge about files in Windows.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/63653/453498.aspx#453498

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:54 AM

Richard et al,

After a final restart and wait for indexing NASB lemma searches are now working!

Thank you Richard for your patient help, I have my favorite Bible back working again.

Sincerely,

Rick Harrell

Posts 5079
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:27 PM

Rick Harrell:

Richard et al,

After a final restart and wait for indexing NASB lemma searches are now working!

Thank you Richard for your patient help, I have my favorite Bible back working again.

Sincerely,

Rick Harrell

Happy you got it worked out. I was getting concerned for a while that I might have to recommend another translation. Wink

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:41 PM

NOOOOOOO!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS