How do I update 2nd computer to v. 5?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Thomas D. Sutter | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:40 PM

I have been with Logos since v2. I have always had it installed on both my office computer and my personal laptop. I have now installed v5 on my office computer but I don't know how to get v5 onto my laptop. I have "Automatically Download Updates" set on my laptop (v4). I know how to uninstall v4 from my laptop, but how do I then get v5 to install?

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:59 PM

You didn't say so, but I assume you got Logos 5 through ordering an upgrade package of some sort. If so, go to your Orders page under your account on Logos.com and find where you ordered L5. Click on the order number and you should find a link to install the L5 engine. After that is done, log on and Logos should download whatever else you need.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:15 PM

Thomas D. Sutter:
I have "Automatically Download Updates" set on my laptop (v4). I know how to uninstall v4 from my laptop, but how do I then get v5 to install?

Curious about operating system on laptop ?

If computer can run Logos 5, then not need to uninstall.  Logos 5 replaces Logos 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9
Thomas D. Sutter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 3:05 AM

Now that you ask the question RE: OS, maybe that's the problem. I have Windows 7 on my office and XP on my home computer. Will Logos v5 not install on XP?

Posts 25579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 3:32 AM

Thomas D. Sutter:
Will Logos v5 not install on XP?

Yes. It requires .NET 4.5 and that will only install on Vista/7/8

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 5:04 AM

Thomas D. Sutter:

Now that you ask the question RE: OS, maybe that's the problem. I have Windows 7 on my office and XP on my home computer. Will Logos v5 not install on XP?

Thread posted on 26 Aug 2012 => Advance Notice: Logos Ending Windows XP Support October 26, 2012 includes rationale for Windows XP being limited to Logos 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS