Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 11
Corby Stephens | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 22 2009 9:34 PM

Is Logos 1.2 ready for mac OS 10.6? A friend of mine who has a developer copy installed Logos and the Greek/Hebrew fonts in the Exegetical Study were all messed up, and it took a longer than usual amount of time to pull up even just a four verse listing. In fact, it would only build the screen when the screen was active. If the app was in the background, it wouldn't do anything.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2009 11:05 PM
Based on past releases, it may not be ready NOW, but I am sure it will be ready when Mac actually releases the new OS.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2009 12:13 AM

Corby Stephens:
Is Logos 1.2 ready for mac OS 10.6? A friend of mine who has a developer copy installed Logos and the Greek/Hebrew fonts in the Exegetical Study were all messed up, and it took a longer than usual amount of time to pull up even just a four verse listing. In fact, it would only build the screen when the screen was active. If the app was in the background, it wouldn't do anything.

I usually wait at least a month, sometimes three or four before installing a major upgrade. The reason for this is that I would rather let all the early adopters work out the bugs for me.  A good way to guage this is to keep an eye on the forums of the product and see what the early adopters are saying. If it is carnage, then you wait months. If it doesn't look too bad, you might only wait weeks.

Posts 11
Corby Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2009 6:58 AM
I guess I'm one of those who puts the OS first. I think developers who have access to developer versions of the OS should have their apps ready for the new OS the day it comes out. I'd rather use buggy software and have a more solid OS than the other way around. I use mostly all Apple apps anyway (iWork, Safari, Mail, etc) for most everything I do. Logos will have to suffer I suppose.
Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2009 11:16 AM

I'm running 10.6 on one machine and use Logos on it frequently. I haven't noticed any trouble with it running in the background, though when I'm building reports and such I usually keep it active so this may just be something I haven't noticed.

I've also seen the font issues, they show up a few places. Smart quotes have issues when they show up in the passage guide, Hebrew has issues in several places, and the exegetical guide font rendering has issues. 

All of the problems can be ignored to some degree, provided you aren't studying primarily in Hebrew. I've been running 10.6 for a little while and continue to use it and Logos for Mac with sermon prep, along with Logos running under Fusion.

Logos is aware of the font issue and I'm optimistic that we will see an update soon after 10.6 is released. 

Posts 13
Adrian Warnock | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:01 AM
More info on this including a quote from Logos here
Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 7:05 PM

Corby Stephens:
it took a longer than usual amount of time to pull up even just a four verse listing. In fact, it would only build the screen when the screen was active. If the app was in the background, it wouldn't do anything.

I have no problem with the passage guide, library search, Bible search, etc, in the background or foreground. Exegetical guide does have slowness and rendering issues but I think these are related to the font issue. Once they fix the font problem, the exegetical guide quirkiness should go away.

Seeing the exegetical guide reminds me how problematic it is under Snow Leopard. I don't use it very often so I forget about it. It is still usable, but quirky and slow.

We all love screenshots, so below is a screenshot.

Posts 31
Justin Kooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 8:19 AM

Chris (or any other beta testers),  If you find any other problems with Logos and 10.6 please email the details to macfeedback@logos.com.  We don't want to miss any 10.6 bugs with the next release.

Thanks.

Justin K.

Logos Ministry Development

360-685-4441

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 8:27 AM

Do you think the update will be released soon? I'm going to be installing 10.6 Friday night (after finishing this week's sermon prep though - you know, just in case). I'll send in any bugs I find, but do you have a timeframe on the fixes?

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 31
Justin Kooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 8:46 AM

Jonathan Griffiths:
(after finishing this week's sermon prep though - you know, just in case)

Doing the sermon prep first is very wise.

Jonathan Griffiths:
do you have a timeframe on the fixes?

We do not have a timeframe as is the case with most releases.  I can tell you however that we have a team of developers that are working hard on this.

Justin K.

360-685-4441

Posts 491
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 8:26 AM

While running Snow Leopard, simply loading the BHS immediately shuts down Libronix.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 31
Posts 491
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 8:55 AM
The update keeps the BHS from crashing the program, and I also noticed the Hebrew transliteration in the Exegetical guide seems to be fixed. However, there's now an odd looking font under each Hebrew word. See a screenshot I took of it here: http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/assets/Logos/oddhebrew.jpg The same kind of odd font is showing up in the Hebrew dictionaries for the NASB: http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/assets/Logos/oddhebrew2.jpg This screenshots were taken after installing 1.2.1.

RMansfield@mac.com
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 31
Justin Kooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 9:22 AM

Richard Mansfield:
The update keeps the BHS from crashing the program, and I also noticed the Hebrew transliteration in the Exegetical guide seems to be fixed. However, there's now an odd looking font under each Hebrew word. See a screenshot I took of it here: http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/assets/Logos/oddhebrew.jpg The same kind of odd font is showing up in the Hebrew dictionaries for the NASB: http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/assets/Logos/oddhebrew2.jpg This screenshots were taken after installing 1.2.1.

The main goal of the update to v1.2.1  was to prevent the program from crashing (and we've fixed the transliteration issue).  There is a known bug with the fonts in the tip windows and reports but the actual results should be fine.  This is being working on.

Justin K.

360-685-4441

Posts 11
Corby Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 9:50 AM

I did just mail this into support with the screen shot, but I thought I'd post it here as well. I'm still seeing these two issues with 1.2.1 and 10.6 while using the Exegetical Guide.

1) Fonts are all mangled.
2) The program will not build the search query while the app is in the background. In other words, you enter the passage you want to study, click the button to make it go, it starts to build, then you switch over to Mail or Safari or something, and you can still see the progress bar are of the other window behind Mail, and it isn't moving. You can move the Mail window over so you can see Logos in the background, and it isn't doing anything. As soon as you switch back to Logos, is takes off as normal. It's like someone hit a "Pause" button or something.

Attached is a screen shot. Can anyone else reproduce this? 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 10:00 AM
Corby, Issues continue for me as well, but see Justin's post just above yours. The font issue is still known and should soon be fixed. I suspect the background issue will be resolved with this.
Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:43 AM

Cory, you asked, "Can anyone else reproduce this"

I think you missed Richard's post about an hour before yours and (as Chris mentioned) you might also want to check out the Logos Tech response from Justin.

Now I do have one questions. For those not running Snow Leopard (I am still using 10.4) is there any reason to upgrade? or is this purely a compatibility release?

Posts 491
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 12:05 PM

The fact that the update takes care of the Hebrew showing as transliteration issue might be enough for folks still running Leopard to upgrade anyway.

RMansfield@mac.com
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 1:37 PM
Ah... good point Richard.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 1:41 PM

Good point... except it does not fix the Hebrew error in 10.4.  See my screenshot

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS