Why is the ==> highly specific Clause Search not included in BRONZE?

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 350
Lee Garrison | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:49 PM
  • I have the Just upgraded to the Bronze Upgrade A strong foundation for Bible study. Logos 5 Bronze comes with the essentials for studying the Bible by passage and topic, as well as digging into original languages

My question is why is the Highly Specific Clause Search part of every other Library except BRONZE?

I checked the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade which shows a cost of $18.42

The only resouces that are not included are under the Datasets: Clause Search, Referent Data, Reported Speach, and Bible Sence Lexicon. So if I want to use the Clause Search I need to Buy a second Upgrade?

Thanks Lee

L4 Bible Study (LE), L5 Bronze (IH), Minimal Crossgrade, Reformed Bronze.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Asus U31S, Intel Core i3 2.2GHz, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SDXC.
Galaxy Tab 3 w/64GB SDXC.
Sky Vega IM-T100K.

Posts 6258
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:10 PM

Yep. Just like SF can't line up right.

Posts 16543
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:12 PM

Lee Garrison:

I checked the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade which shows a cost of $18.42

The only resouces that are not included are under the Datasets: Clause Search, Referent Data, Reported Speach, and Bible Sence Lexicon. So if I want to use the Clause Search I need to Buy a second Upgrade?

Yes, and you get all the datasets for just $18.42

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 9
Paul Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 7:17 PM

So like Lee, I upgraded to Bronze (and then added the Minimal Crossgrade).  That should make all the datasets available, and added to either guides or tools, yes?

Paul

Posts 6258
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:44 PM

Yes, Paul. The crossgrade has all the datasets being offered. Please keep in mind that for some, Logos is still expanding them which of course you will receive at no charge as they are completed.

Posts 16543
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:59 PM

Paul Norman:

So like Lee, I upgraded to Bronze (and then added the Minimal Crossgrade).  That should make all the datasets available, and added to either guides or tools, yes?

Yes.

Dave
===

Posts 350
Lee Garrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 4:23 AM

Hello thank you dave and the others.

I am still just woundering why Logos did not just add it into the set at a little high cost for a complete Bronze library..

Lee

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Asus U31S, Intel Core i3 2.2GHz, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SDXC.
Sky Vega IM-T100K.

Posts 16543
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 4:46 AM

Lee Garrison:

Hello thank you dave and the others.

I am still just woundering why Logos did not just add it into the set at a little high cost for a complete Bronze library..

Why did they make all datasets available in Gold instead of Silver? ...

Dave
===

Posts 8210
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:17 AM

Lee Garrison:

Probably because if they had, we'd have other people here complaining that Logos was forcing them to pay for things they'll never use.Wink While you want features and datasets, there are other people who would much rather have a lower price or more books.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 33
Sam DeSocio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:42 AM

What would be the difference between combining the Bronze and Minimal crossgrade vs Bronze and Core Datasets?

Also I didnt own logos 4 would the crossgrade still give me those additional features?

Posts 5129
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:25 AM

Sam DeSocio:
I didnt own logos 4 would the crossgrade still give me those additional features?

Yes

Sam DeSocio:
What would be the difference between combining the Bronze and Minimal crossgrade vs Bronze and Core Datasets?

Look at the resource page of Core Datasets or Minimal Crossgrade and you'll see the differrences (such as: MC contains some resources, CD is missing the Bible Sense database) 

running Logos 5.2b SR1 (Classic MCs, Verbum Master+, Lutheran Silver) on Acer Extensa 5230E - mod. 4GB RAM & 250GB SSD - Win7 Home Premium 32bit & Android apps on Kindle Fire

Posts 350
Lee Garrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:49 AM

Yes

This maybe the best answer for my question.  Thank You

Sky Vega IM-T100K.

Posts 33
Sam DeSocio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:26 AM

It only cost me $18 to buy the cross grade after I had bronze. So that isnt that bad. 

Posts 18
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:41 AM

Sam:

So, Do you have access to all the new logos 5 features after buying the bronze upgrade and the minimum crossgrade? 

Posts 350
Lee Garrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:47 AM

Samuel, yes I did the Logos 5 Bronze & the Min Crossgrade. I am very happy to have all the features.

Now the only problem is learning to best use the features and attact the books in my library..

But I really enjoy the use of Logos and I see that it help to get deeper into the word of God which is the best reason I can think of to have the program.

Lee

Sky Vega IM-T100K.

Posts 18
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 1:26 PM

Lee:

Did you have any logos 4 platform before? 

Posts 350
Lee Garrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 6:10 AM

Yes Samuel, I had Logos 4 Bible Study ( LE ) I think.

Sky Vega IM-T100K.

Posts 18
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:06 AM

That is my main problem, I only had L3.

I wonder if I would have all the features just buying the Bronze upgrade and the minimal crossgrade. 

Posts 16543
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:43 PM

Samuel:

That is my main problem, I only had L3.

I wonder if I would have all the features just buying the Bronze upgrade and the minimal crossgrade. 

You will have all the L5 features with the L5 min Crossgrade, but I'm not sure if you will have all L4 features with Bronze because 3 are not listed in the Upgrade page i.e. Pericopes, Grammatical Relationships, and Home Page Excerpts. It seems inconceivable that they would not be included but you should check with Logos if they matter to you.

Dave
===

Posts 18
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 6:25 PM

As I'm still with a very limited budged I decided to buy the L5 minimal crossgrade. Unfortunately the Bible Word Study and the Topic Guide are not working.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS