Calling Logos Getting Annoying

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:33 AM

I had a problem so I wished to talk to a customer service rep. First I waited about five minutes on hold and then was asked my name. Gave it and was told that I couldn't be heard. Then just one second later put on hold and was informed by the canned voice that I was caller number 3 in line. So I waited. This time when I was told I'd be next, I made sure my phone was ready and in hand. But almost instantly I was told I was caller number 6.

I don't mind waiting, but the CS reps should be willing to wait a little bit longer than one second. Also they should do a little better job of grabbing calls. Now it might be that there's an issue on their end and I just got caught. So I'm posting here to see if the "great Logos customer service" actually is great.

Posts 1557
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:45 AM

I haven't had any problems calling customer service, and I don't complain about the cost of calling (I live on the other side of the pond), it's not expensive for me, I have a desk phone line (but no internet).
When I upgraded to L5 my sales rep patiently waited while I gave my options a thought for at least half a minute plus I talked about some things that were on my mind.

~1,480inclprint trulyergonomic.com
8Gtabl
laptops 8G: late'12 EliteBook W8.1 4threads HDD; '12Q1 HP 1366*768 15.6" '13 hybrdisk; '09 4GB 11.9" '12SSD
desktops: '09 8G W8.1 Core2Quad Q9300 HDD; '06 3GB PentiuD; W2000 Pradis justNIVACJn

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:50 AM

OK.

I'm not looking for a bunch of people defending Logos nor others agreeing with me. I'm hoping the great Logos customer service will show itself by reading this post and contact me since for some reason I can't call in and the last time I emailed them about this issue was Oct and I've not heard anything back from them.

Posts 6326
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:00 AM

You're funny, Kevin.   It' a public forum but you want Logos to participate. Wouldn't it be more efficient to simply send Bob a line?

And since you know the answer, then we have to assume the goal here is to embarrass the heck out of them?

So you can whack me too, I've not had the experience you've had, and even worse, getting refunds.  They've been very chirpily happy to accomodate me.

My guess is the issue's in the software support area?

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:34 AM

DMB:
And since you know the answer, then we have to assume the goal here is to embarrass the heck out of them?

I won't question your motives and respectfully ask you not to judge mine.

I clearly stated my purpose in posting.

Posts 15644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:40 AM

Customer service doesn't read the General forum. I will email someone on your behalf and have them get in touch with you. You can email them directly in the future.

Posts 69
Ralph Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:57 AM

Be sure to remind them that he is the same Kevin that spent so much time sucking up to them in his rag ...er mag. (concerning the L5 rollout.)

He definitely deserves better from them.

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:01 AM

Thanks Rosie 

I've often read about people getting satisfaction by posting. I've never tried it until now. It seems as though they would assign someone to do look in on the forums for this kind of thing once a day or so.

I just got off the phone with Jerald from Logos and he took care of my issue. Not sure why I they had such trouble answering my call. I'm also dealing with an issue where Proclaim won't upload or download so maybe they were having a problem with their computers this morning.

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:04 AM

Ralph Hale:

Be sure to remind them that he is the same Kevin that spent so much time sucking up to them in his rag ...er mag. (concerning the L5 rollout.)

I take great offense to your calling Christian Computing Magazine a rag. I request an apology and ask you not to insult me or the publication I write for. If you don't like CCMag you're free to ignore it. We work hard to provide a service to the church for no cost. Most of us who write for it do not get paid except when we get some free software to review, which I've not gotten from Logos. I've either paid for it or was given software just like other beta testers were, however I was not given free software this time around I paid handsomely for it.

Posts 523
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:10 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
We work hard to provide a service to the church for no cost.

Kevin,

I enjoyed your article. Big Smile Thanks for writing it. 

Marcus

Chelsea FC- The "Happy One" Returns..

Posts 309
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:15 AM

WOW!  Can you feel the love?  We're to be recognized by our love correct?

Kevin, I'm sorry you were treated poorly by several posters.  Congrats on 1700 posts.

Posts 69
Ralph Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:19 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
however I was not given free software this time around I paid handsomely for it.
Don't be so offended. It's just business. If your "publication" could have made an impact on their sales, I'm sure Logos would have been overjoyed to give you a copy free.

Posts 626
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:18 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Ralph Hale:

I take great offense to your calling Christian Computing Magazine a rag. I request an apology and ask you not to insult me or the publication I write for. If you don't like CCMag you're free to ignore it. We work hard to provide a service to the church for no cost. Most of us who write for it do not get paid except when we get some free software to review, which I've not gotten from Logos. I've either paid for it or was given software just like other beta testers were, however I was not given free software this time around I paid handsomely for it.

Kevin -

Don't pay attention to this guy. CCMag is a great service to the church, and your column is my favorite part of it, hands down. I read it first every time.

You are appreciated, brother!

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Mt Gilead Church - Olney, IL

Posts 6326
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:41 AM

Michael ... it's great you're so proud of your love. I know I'm impressed.

Those other posters were just awful.

Posts 294
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:46 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Ralph Hale:

Apology?? Surely you jest !!! He gave you exactly what you were trolling for. ... A stump upon which to perch while defending the honor of your "publication."

Are you quite certain he isn't employed by the advertising wing of your firm?

Posts 170
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 1:00 PM

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 14289
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:16 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
I'm hoping the great Logos customer service will show itself by reading this post and contact me

You certainly don't deserve the abuse you have gotten in this thread. However, it is not the job of customer service to read and respond to the forums. The forums are intended to be peer-to-peer assistance. Bugs and Suggestions are primarily what staff assigned to monitor the forums are responsible for. I agree that the response of CS to email is much slower than I would expect - but I've never felt entirely ignored.

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 69
Ralph Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:40 AM

MJ. Smith:
You certainly don't deserve the abuse you have gotten in this thread.
I agree. It approaches martyrdom.

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:27 AM

Just a follow up. Logos took care of the issue admirably with swift action asi hoped. I posted the

Posts 1939
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:30 AM

MJ. Smith:

Kevin A. Purcell:
I'm hoping the great Logos customer service will show itself by reading this post and contact me

You certainly don't deserve the abuse you have gotten in this thread. However, it is not the job of customer service to read and respond to the forums. The forums are intended to be peer-to-peer assistance. Bugs and Suggestions are primarily what staff assigned to monitor the forums are responsible for. I agree that the response of CS to email is much slower than I would expect - but I've never felt entirely ignored.

I wish they did have at least one person whose job it is to monitor this forum for customer service needs. It would not take long. I can scan posts in about 30 minutes a day responding to those I find interesting and reading many more.

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS