NT in Hebrew

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1103
William Bingham | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:28 PM

I have this in pdf form but heard BW offers this in a couple of translations made in the late 1800's.  Is this available to us in Logos? 

I heard they were made from the current greek text and fashioned in Biblical hebrew style. 

Posts 14837
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:41 PM

There is the Hebrew New Testament published by the Bible Society in Israel in 2000. Any particular reason why you wanted an older translation?

EDIT: Oh, I just read more carefully. You wanted it in Biblical Hebrew whereas this is in modern Hebrew.

Posts 14837
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:37 PM

There's someone who was going to work on making a Personal Book version of Delitzsch's Hebrew New Testament:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5249/283329.aspx#283329

Posts 7680
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:49 AM

Wikipedia offers quite a bit of information on Hebrew Bible translations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_Hebrew.

The footnotes seem to include links to several of them. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Mini late 2010 8GB RAM 10.6.8

Posts 2961
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:18 AM

William Bingham:

I have this in pdf form but heard BW offers this in a couple of translations made in the late 1800's.  Is this available to us in Logos? 

I heard they were made from the current greek text and fashioned in Biblical hebrew style. 

Hi William,

You've wakened my curiosity... how do / would you use this resource?

Blessings!

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Pastor Bill, Faith Presbyterian Church

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 7200rpm 750Gb-32Gb hybrid disk
HTC Incredible 2, Droid 2.3.4

Posts 1103
William Bingham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:16 PM

Hi Bill,

I am not sure exactly how I would use it.  I was just guessing that I would be able to read it first as I have started a self study of the Hebrew before Greek.  I am feeling somewhat stymied right now. 

I am reading a fairly large chunk of Hebrew but need a lot more vocabulary so I can't move to greek just yet.  I am not seeing the flavor of the NT Gospel in the OT and as a christian am missing it. 

I reallize the OT has both Law and Gospel but it just seems like the NT is clearer about Law and Gospel and If I could see the Hebrew that is used I would find something more to hang my hat on  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS