Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:37 PM

Is there any advantage for downloading the Logos 5 engine while one is still using Logos 4?  Will it create problems for those of us who use L4?  Thanks in advance.

Posts 9685
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:41 PM

Hi Steven

Downloading L5 will overwrite / reuse L4 folders and upgrade resources so once you have upgraded to L5 (remembering you will keep all resources) then you will need to use L5 from then on.

I believe that once you have upgraded one computer to L5 then all compatible computers which you use for Logos will be upgraded as well.

So moving to L5 really means leaving L4 behind - but it works in effectively the same way with some extra capabilities and features (depending on what package you get) so I don't know why you would want to continue reverting to L4. Are there particular reasons you have to want to do this?

Graham

Posts 4109
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:50 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

Is there any advantage for downloading the Logos 5 engine while one is still using Logos 4?

If you don't purchase the Core Datasets or any of the crossgrades, you won't get most of the new features that have been advertised on the blog and logos.com, etc.

However, there are still plenty of free new features (http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5.0#New_Features_.28free.29), optimizations, and bug fixes that you will get by downloading the free update.

Note that if you want to go back to Logos 4, you would have to completely uninstall and reinstall from scratch. However, this shouldn't be necessary (as long as your computer meets the minimum system requirements) because all Logos 4 features are included in Logos 5; you won't "lose" anything by upgrading.

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:37 PM

Yes, Graham. I simply cannot afford to upgrade to L5

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:54 PM

Hi Steven!

By all means get the Logos 5 engine!! The performance enhancements alone are far worth the 5 minute download!! I am so happy they have offered the free engine.

Thanks, Logos!

Posts 9685
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:37 PM

Hi Steven

Steven L. Spencer:

Yes, Graham. I simply cannot afford to upgrade to L5

But now with the free L5 engine available, upgrading to use that is a no-cost option.

As Bradley points out above, even in the free engine there are some new features, bug fixes and optimisations.

So if your computer supports it there isn't a cost to upgrading anymore but there are benefits.

Graham

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:56 PM

Where do I go to download the L5 engine?

Posts 15612
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:00 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

See here. Click on the Logos 5 Windows link there (I'm assuming you've got Windows since you posted in the Logos 4 Windows forum).

Posts 4109
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:36 PM

Rosie Perera:

Steven L. Spencer:

See here.

See http://www.logos.com/installation for a download link and step-by-step instructions on how to install.

Posts 45
Kokkee Ng | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:44 AM

I just upgraded  Logos 4 on my desktop to 5 (free engine). The program on my laptop remained Logos 4.

Posts 1420
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 10:57 AM

Kokkee Ng:
The program on my laptop remained Logos 4.

What is your operating system on the laptop.

If XP it will not upgrade.

Regards, SteveF - HP EliteBook 8740w i7-Q720 1.6GHZ 12G RAM Win 7 Pro (x64) 500G@7200 nVidia QUADRO FX3800M - Logos 2 Level 3, L3 Scholar's, L4 Scholar's Gold, L5 Gold

Posts 48
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 1:24 PM

Is this the free L5 engine?

If I only have Logos 4, can I use this to upgrade to L5?

Thanks for your advance.

Kelvin

Posts 899
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 1:40 PM

Hi Kelvin, the answer to all your questions is yes

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 48
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 1:45 PM

Thanks!

Posts 48
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 1:51 PM

If I already installed Logos 4 (most updated patch installed), how long does it takes to upgrade to L5?

Posts 16421
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 5:18 AM

As long as it takes to patch/update Logos 4! It will overwrite that installation and become Logos 5.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 10
David Weinschrott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 3:10 PM

I installed the engine fine over L4 on my 32 bit desktop. However when I tried the same procedure on my 64bit laptop, the install script doesn't download all the parts and pieces, doesn't install the .net system either. There is no progress from the get go when I click the LogosSetup.exe

Posts 16421
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:24 PM

David Weinschrott:
There is no progress from the get go when I click the LogosSetup.exe

Welcome, David

Reboot the computer and try again. Contact Support if there are further problems.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 10
David Weinschrott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:32 PM

I think the problem was that L4 was indexing. It seems to be working ok now.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS