Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Gale Roberson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 23 2009 1:39 PM

I have just switched to a MacPro (one month ago) and love it. I have Parallels added so that I can use Logos. My son who is a Mac lover set the program up and loaded everything onto the Parallel side.  It worked great for the first month and now  any program in Parallels is forever loading, especially Logos which eventually freezes all together. I have gone to Parallesl website and they have had me change the virtual memory but to no avail. Since my son was just deployed to Iraq and I am without help on this problem. I use Logos almost daily.

I was wondering if Logos takes up too much memory space for what we have allocated (100G) and it just encumbers the program? Has anyone else experienced the problem and any suggestions for resolving?

Thanks, G

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:09 AM

Hey G, welcome to the Logos Forums!  I don't know anything about Parallels as I use VMware Fusion to run Logos for Windows.  I would suggest you also might do a search on the Parallels forums for Logos Libronix as there might be some users over there as well posting on various technical issues.  Sorry I can't be of help, but please do feel welcome!

Posts 10864
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2009 2:53 AM

MGaleRoberson:

I was wondering if Logos takes up too much memory space for what we have allocated (100G) and it just encumbers the program? Has anyone else experienced the problem and any suggestions for resolving?

Thanks, G

G

I am a bit confused about the amount of memory you have allocated to Parallels. Surely, 100G does not mean 100 gigabytes Smile. If you mean 100 Kilobytes, then you definitely do not have enough memory allocated. I haven't used Parallels in quite some time, so I don't know the maximum memory that can be assigned to it in the latest version. I would assign as much as Parallels will allow while still leaving enough for the Mac OS to operate.

Welcome to the forums Geeked.

Jack

Posts 71
Romulo de Amorim Correa | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2009 8:43 PM

MGaleRoberson:

Thanks, G

Hi, I am new to macbookproo and parallels too. But I already know that you don't have to fix the amount of space you want to use in your virtual machine. There are to ways to use the hard drive: 

1.  As a boot camp partition. In this case you have no fix the size of your hard drive. 

2. As an Image file. In this case, parallels works as an expanding disk. It will allocate as much as you need to run your applications. 

So, try the second option. Here you have the menu option to change that.

Hope, this is what you need.

Romulo

Brasília - DF 
Brazil

P.S Maybe you have first  to shut dow you virtual machine (not parallels) to change this settings. 

Romulo Corrêa

Brasília - Brazil

Posts 2
Gale Roberson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2009 9:20 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. I need it!

I will certainly check each one of your suggestions. I so greatly appreciate it.

Each time I open Parallels the problem seems to get worse which in turn makes the Mac side run very strangely. Therefore I am not using it at this time until I have a chance to work through your suggestions. I have to resort to my old PC for Logos.

This has been a great forum to at least begin.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS