Annotated Bibliography Suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Charlie Robinson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 12 2013 1:11 PM

When a collection is open and the list of books in that collection appears, and your mouse is over a book in the list, information appears in a box with the picture of the book. Could you please make it possible to export this information for printing purposes?

Posts 7680
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 5:35 AM

I thought this would be possible, either from Library or from the resource itself -- but it seems not.

Then I thought I would suggest you vote for Copy from anywhere (Guides, Search Results, Resource Info panel) -- but it turned out Logos has tagged that as 'Completed'...SurpriseHmmConfused

Doesn't look completed to me...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Mini late 2010 8GB RAM 10.6.8

Posts 3863
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:30 AM

fgh:

from the resource itself -- but it seems not.

If I right-click in Resource Information on Windows, I get a "Copy" command, which copies it to the clipboard.

Posts 3863
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:31 AM

Charlie Robinson:

the picture of the book

Sorry, I didn't read your original post very closely. The picture is not copyable.

Posts 7680
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:56 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
If I right-click in Resource Information on Windows, I get a "Copy" command

So do I on Mac, now that you tell me about it.Smile 

The question is, how is anyone going to figure that out, without being told about it, when a) the text isn't selectable, as text normally is when it can be copied, b) there's a little 'Copy' link further down by Citation, but none up here, and c) it only works in the resource, not in Library (or Collections, where the OP saw the text)? 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Posts 16
Charlie Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:50 AM

Great call. I agree. Besides I do not want to copy and paste one at a time I want to export all this information. I have our 3600 resources and I honestly can not keep up with this information, and would like something to thumb thru so I can utilize what I do have in Logos. Cope and paste will not get me there.

Posts 7680
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:38 AM

If I right-click in Resource Information on Windows, I get a "Copy" command, which copies it to the clipboard.

Bradley, one thing we here in the forums request a copy of all the time (especially this last month with the 'prioritized Bible doesn't update' bug going on) is the resource Support info. I just tried right-clicking on it, but no 'Copy' popup appeared. Nor is there a 'Copy' button. Nor is it selectable. We really need to be able to copy this without having to go through all the trouble of a screenshot.

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:19 AM

fgh:
We really need to be able to copy this without having to go through all the trouble of a screenshot.

On Windows, I can select it and copy but when I paste it into the forum (as below) it is formatted slightly strangely and so I normally end up doing a screenshot.

LLS:1.0.10

2012-10-15T16:26:46Z

NIV.logos4

RVI:NIVNT

2012-10-15T14:15:44Z

NIVNT.lbsrvi

Better support for this would be really helpful

Graham 

Posts 7680
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:34 AM

So we have yet another feature parity bug. Thanks for letting me know.

Posts 7680
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 7:54 AM

fgh:

If I right-click in Resource Information on Windows, I get a "Copy" command

So do I on Mac, now that you tell me about it.Smile 

The question is, how is anyone going to figure that out, without being told about it, when a) the text isn't selectable, as text normally is when it can be copied, b) there's a little 'Copy' link further down by Citation, but none up here, and c) it only works in the resource, not in Library (or Collections, where the OP saw the text)? 

A perfect illustration of how confusing this is to users: Is there any easy way to copy out the text of the book description field?

fgh:
So we have yet another feature parity bug.

Added to http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_and_PC_User_Interface_Differences#Feature_Parity:

• PC Resource Support Info can be copied, while Mac's cannot

Posts 12702
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 5:42 PM

fgh:

Added to http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_and_PC_User_Interface_Differences#Feature_Parity:

• PC Resource Support Info can be copied, while Mac's cannot

Logos 5.1 Beta 9 on OS X 10.8.3 still lacks Copy and Select All right click for Support Info.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 12702
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 6:07 PM

Logos 5.1a RC 3 on OS X 10.8.4 still cannot copy Resource support information.  Wonder about adding a Copy button like Citation ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS