Holy Lent

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:25 PM

Favorite Readings/Authors/Recommended book lists?

I enjoy exploring what others are reading, studying.

Thanks!

Posts 24432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 5:06 PM

I've already published a St. John Climacus lectionary for Lent in the forums. I also have a couple of reading plans for the Early Church Fathers during Lent. And I enjoy First Fruits of Prayer: A Forty Day Journey Through the Canon of St. Andrew by Frederica Mathewes-Green.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 6:29 PM

Darn: First fruits not available electronically.

Thanks though, have not read that one, so I was hopeful.

Posts 1947
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:06 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Darn: First fruits not available electronically.

Thanks though, have not read that one, so I was hopeful

Good evening Father,

Here's one that won't cost you a penny offered on Vyrso:  http://vyrso.com/product/25961/devotions-for-lent-meditations-based-on-best-loved-hymns?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I also take this opportunity to canvas you regarding a monograph that I'm hoping you have had some exposure the Catholic Biblical Quarterly-Monograph Series produced by the Catholic Biblical Association of America. Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks,

-Beloved

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:31 PM

Thanks for the link.

Knew of the CBA but was not aware of the quarterly.

Please feel free to e-mail me: rustymatheny removethis 141 AT me DOT com

Yes, interested.

Thanks again.

Posts 1947
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:45 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
Yes, interested.

It's a minute past my bed time but I couldn't but respond to this response. Then by all means leave me a recommendation of support in my post found in Suggestions. I leave a link for your convenience:  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/66256.aspx

Peace to you

-Beloved

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:09 PM

Beloved: Done. Looking at the work on CBA , not sure how inclusion of the papers etc. would work in Logos with tagging etc. Sure there would be much work to be done with publishing/permissions etc. Agree this is would be good to look into.

Blessings.

Posts 8862
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:30 AM

2011 thread: 10 Powerful Resources for Lent.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1541
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:59 AM

If I may wag my tail a bit, I you may want to consider a PB I gave you all last year, the Pilgrimage of Etheria.  Please see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/45974.aspx for more info.

SDG

Ken McGuire

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:00 AM

Fr. Matheny,

Thank you for the reminder that Lent has started!  I am Protestant but I still enjoy the time of sacrifice and reflection that Lent brings and it was not even mentioned in my own service this week.  I began the habit while serving a year with Christian Appalachian Project in Kentucky.  Many of my volunteer family were Catholic and our evening devotional time was rich in worship, joy and mutual respect.  Those who follow Christ have much to share and we need each other in this difficult world.

In Christ,

Kaye

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS